Solo: A Star Wars Story - Movie Discussion

Message added by Jeff Mack

Link to the "spoiler/I have seen it" thread for Solo: A Star Wars movie (remember you need to "join" the club to view the content)
https://community.brickpicker.com/forums/topic/19227-the-i-have-seen-solo-and-want-to-talk-about-it-thread/

It's hard to gauge much from the trailers but I think Alden will be alright in the role.  However, he looks nothing like Adam Driver.  Yeah, I know he doesn't look exactly like Harrison Ford either.  But in this Disney sequel timeline I think it's more important that he at least resembles his future dark lord son.  And there's no resemblance.  Driver looks like he could possibly be Han Solo's son.  Alden doesn't look like Kylo Ren's daddy.  

5 minutes ago, Mathew said:

It's hard to gauge much from the trailers but I think Alden will be alright in the role.  However, he looks nothing like Adam Driver.  Yeah, I know he doesn't look exactly like Harrison Ford either.  But in this Disney sequel timeline I think it's more important that he at least resembles his future dark lord son.  And there's no resemblance.  Driver looks like he could possibly be Han Solo's son.  Alden doesn't look like Kylo Ren's daddy.  

We all know where Ben Solo got his dashing good looks.
princess-leia-organa-power-of-the-force-

potf2-leia-front-back-green-card-back.jp

s-l640.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mathew said:

Not saying you are wrong at all, but I think this is looking into it a bit much too much.  I don't think Luke and Leia looked like twins either.  At some point even I just chalk it up that it's a movie and trust me, there are some crap movies out there that I give A LOT of slack to.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mathew said:

Reminds me of Rogue One.  Aside from a few interesting scenes (mostly the Vader stuff) I didn't find Rogue One that memorable.  

I nearly fell asleep mid-way through the movie. Outside of the Vader end piece, I didnt really care for the film. 

1 hour ago, Aup27 said:

I nearly fell asleep mid-way through the movie. Outside of the Vader end piece, I didnt really care for the film. 

Right.  Well made but in the end what's the point of the movie?  Oh yeah, to show Vader killing people.  That's really the reason why so many people give it high marks.  

Right.  Well made but in the end what's the point of the movie?  Oh yeah, to show Vader killing people.  That's really the reason why so many people give it high marks.  

It had a story I was very interested in, until they created another Death Star for TFA. I’m still a fan of Rogue One, flowed well, not too hokey, the battle at the end was fantastic, Tarkin was great, and it was fun to learn about Stardust.
  • Like 3