Solo: A Star Wars Story - Movie Discussion

Message added by Jeff Mack

Link to the "spoiler/I have seen it" thread for Solo: A Star Wars movie (remember you need to "join" the club to view the content)
https://community.brickpicker.com/forums/topic/19227-the-i-have-seen-solo-and-want-to-talk-about-it-thread/

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone saw this or not, but it looks like the Han Solo "Force Whatever" launch event is on 4/20 this year...  I assume part of the reason Disney does not want to push back the release date is that the huge merchandise push, which is probably around many billions of dollars in inventory is about to be released around then.  So, 4/20/18 sounds like the date all the new Han Solo merchandise hits the market.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/LEGO_Rumoured_Han_Solo_Set_Release_Dates_174184.asp

23 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

I don't know if anyone saw this or not, but it looks like the Han Solo "Force Whatever" launch event is on 4/20 this year...  I assume part of the reason Disney does not want to push back the release date is that the huge merchandise push, which is probably around many billions of dollars in inventory is about to be released around then.  So, 4/20/18 sounds like the date all the new Han Solo merchandise hits the market.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/LEGO_Rumoured_Han_Solo_Set_Release_Dates_174184.asp

4/20 is a great date for anything to do with the Han Solo movie... as you'd have to be high to mistake Alden Ehrenreich for Harrison Ford

• Like 6

Alden Ehrenreich looks nothing like Harrison Ford's Han Solo no matter how hard Disney tries  

I watched "Hail, Ceaser" last night.  Good film and Ehrenreich was solid in it.  Still, he looks nothing like Ford.  

Any Han Solo film w/o Ford  should be in Development Hell forever. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Confirmed, another alien has been added to the cast.
0542b361863b2f5f5fa517cb574ca150.png
http://ew.com/movies/2017/08/05/clint-howard-han-solo-movie-ron-howard/
Han Solo: Clint Howard to appear in Star Wars spinoff
EW.com - 11m ago

A Ron Howard movie staple is coming for the Han Solo-centric Star Wars spin-off: the director's younger brother. Clint Howard will appear in the untitled film, ...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Ugh...really? I don't think they really needed to blast us Greedoly with the fact that this is a Han Solo story. Could have been a more intriguing title like something with Smuggler or something along that line.

I just see this logo and immediately think of...

hansolocup.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

I’m gonna need a trailer to get me excited for

Ahh come on, you know how this is going to go down.  5 minutes before the premiere of the Last Jedi... youll see a shot of chewy, then lots of aliens, maybe even a shot of jabba, then pandomonium will hit when the new han solo finally says his lines.  It will be boos, WTF's, cheers, jeers and popcorn being tossed at the screen.  Then the giant "DA DA DAAAAA" will burst over the speakers as the floating text appears showing floating space text about episode 8.  This will usher in more cheers, jeers, and pandomonium and it will all settle in until popcorn is thrown at the end of the show when Luke turns to the dark side ..

Fine. Then something like "I know" , "nerf-herder," laser brain or my fav, "Slimy, Double-CRossing No-Good Swindler". 

On 10/18/2017 at 12:10 AM, fossilrock said:

"Smuggler" has negative connotations like "Slave"..  so, Kathleen Turner was probably against it..

20 hours ago, MrToes16 said:

My thoughts exactly. I doubt there is very little terminology available for young han solo that would that Disney would approve of.

• 2 months later...