Solo: A Star Wars Story - Movie Discussion

Message added by Jeff Mack

Link to the "spoiler/I have seen it" thread for Solo: A Star Wars movie (remember you need to "join" the club to view the content)
https://community.brickpicker.com/forums/topic/19227-the-i-have-seen-solo-and-want-to-talk-about-it-thread/

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Ed Mack said:

It would have been better if you covered Han's face.

There's a passing resemblance.  The issue is that so much of Han Solo's character is derived from Harrison Ford's personality.  If this guy, whatever his name is, required an acting coach on set then odds are that he can't cut it.  At this point I'm more interested in seeing what "The Lego Movie guys" would have done with it.  Ron Howard is a safe, boring director.  If anything, a Han Solo movie needs to be light on it's feet and funny.  I think humor would be more appropriate here than it was in The Last Jedi.

• 1 month later...

It's grittier than I thought it would be but the target audience is older than the TFA or TLJ's one.
It looks different but I'm certainly became more aware customer after getting some experience with Disney in the past.
So trailers won't buy me anymore and certainly not the ones from disney.
I'm very much looking forward to see the acting of this guy in the trailers because there are a lot of controversy surrounding that cast for Han Solo.

nevertheless I think Lando will be alright.
lando-calrissian-the-lego-movie-7.1.jpg

Edited by Shewie

15 hours ago, jaisonline said:

He sound so more Leo DiCaprio than Harrison Ford .  Ugh.

Hmm, I would think an inexperienced Han would sound similar to the guy Leo played in Gangs of New York (kind of crafty but just green).  However, this actor playing young Han may not have enough range/acting experience to pull that off :P (based on what I have been reading)

It's finally happened!!! I've spent every day of the last 26 years waiting for you all to catch up to me!!!

My life has been ruined ever since they cast Sean Patrick Flanery as Young Indiana Jones and now the rest of you finally understand why!!!!  

If only Harrison Ford would have cloned himself once a year so we'd have an endless supply of Harrisons for every single age, none of us would ever have to take issue with casting roles he originated ever again!!!

And don't even get me friggin' started on Chris Pine playing Captain Kirk *grumble* *grumble*

Edited by jonnyhanukkah
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

It's finally happened!!! I've spent every day of the last 26 years waiting for you all to catch up to me!!!

My life has been ruined ever since they cast Sean Patrick Flanery as Young Indiana Jones and now the rest of you finally understand why!!!!  

If only Harrison Ford would have cloned himself once a year so we'd have an endless supply of Harrisons for every single age, none of us would ever have to take issue with casting roles he originated ever again!!!

And don't even get me friggin' started on Chris Pine playing Captain Kirk *grumble* *grumble*

What about River Phoenix? I was ok with Sean Patrick Flannery. I couldn't have cared less about Chris Pine as Kirk. But, I understand the frustration that some feel. I thought that the quippiness of Han in the Trailer was over the top. This is the first Star Wars movie that I have no level of excitement for.