76067 - Tanker Truck Takedown

Alpinemaps

22 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

You would guess incorrectly as the Dr Strange set was just released and is based on a movie that won't even be in theatres for months. Whereas this set is based on a movie from months ago, and the R'as set is if anything based on videos from the other year, and both have been available for longer. Apples and oranges. Even Lego wouldn't let supply of a set run out BEFORE the movie is out. I will be buying both, and leave Dr Strange for now. They seem very comparable to what happened with Raptor Escape, Brainiac Attacks, and Zombies. 

Sorry, no. the Batman set is based on comic books. Ra's Al Ghul, Talia Al' Ghul, Damien Wayne are all comic related. They wouldn't base it off of a DTV movie. Tanker Truck takedown would have to be preparing for and including the home video release. Any suggestion of them ending these 2 after a month is premature.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Sorry, no. the Batman set is based on comic books. Ra's Al Ghul, Talia Al' Ghul, Damien Wayne are all comic related. They wouldn't base it off of a DTV movie. Tanker Truck takedown would have to be preparing for and including the home video release. Any suggestion of them ending these 2 after a month is premature.

Sorry, yes. These versions of these characters have all appeared in the DC direct to home video releases of the past few years, which is the only place the kids would be exposed to them. Yes those are in turn inspired by the comics, but they are much more closely linked to the recent videos, similar to how muc of the Spidey sets are based on the cartoon on TV, rather than the comics of past decades.

Edited by jeff_14

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

For anyone that wants to have a look, I'm never actually going to finish this review. So, here's all the build pictures and the jokes I came up with for it.

BAG 1:

Hawkeye: Hey Cap, I'm here for the big fight.

Captain America: Oh, great Hawkeye, we're early, so you can help me set up.

DSC_0139.JPG

Captain America: Now, if we work together here, we can raise this up quickly.

Hawkeye, why do you even need my help, Mr. Super Strength?

Captain America: Because the Super Soldier Serum didn't give me 4 arms.

DSC_0141.JPG

Captain America: Are you sure it's a good idea to store our flames next to the fuel drums?

Hawkeye: Sure, I put our fire extinguisher there too. If anything happens, we'll be prepared.

DSC_0144.JPG

BAG 2:

Spider-Man: I'm here for the fight! Ha ha, caught you arrow dude!

Hawkeye: Gross, I got some of this stuff in my mouth!

Cap: Look, Spidey, we get to the fight early to set up. Without that, we won't have lots of stuff to wreck. We're not ready to punch you yet.

DSC_0146.JPG

Spidey: Oh man, sorry about that Katniss. Let me help you out.

Hawkeye: Wait, did this stuff come out of you?

Cap: When you two are done playing around, I think we should get started, everyone else will be here soon.

DSC_0148.JPG

Spidey: my webs are a super strong polymer that is flexible and adhesive, but breaks down within a few hours so that the city's not just constantly covered in webs. Plus, it's cherry flavored, so can double as a snack.

Cap: That's very impressive son, but for now we've got to finish this truck.

Hawkeye: Unless you can spin a truck out of that stuff and save us the time to build it.

Spidey: Uhm, nope?

DSC_0151.JPG

Spidey: Hey, you guys want to hear something funny? I'm not even old enough to have a license yet.

Hawkeye: Great, I've got underpants older than this guy.

Spidey: You should probably change them.

Cap: Can I just be put back in the ice?

DSC_0152.JPG

Cap: Hey Spidey, help me lift this so Clint can put the wheels on.

Spidey: Hey Merida, can you get a move on? This thing isn't as light as it looks.

Hawkeye: It's lighter than your mom.

DSC_0154.JPG

Spider-Man: That's not cool man, my mom's dead.

Hawkeye: She probably just left because she didn't like you.

Cap: Geez Clint, give the kid a break.

DSC_0158.JPG

Spidey: You probably can't tell because of the mask, but I hate you.

Cap: Hawkeye, how long are you going to carry those lights around while we're doing all the work?

Hawkeye: Oops! You noticed that huh?

DSC_0159.JPG

Hawkeye: All right, if you guys can lift these, how hard can it be?

Cap: Careful Hawk, lift with your legs.

Hawkeye: Eep!

Spidey: Ha ha!

DSC_0161.JPG

Spidey: You know, I think Tony Stark has a robot or something that can put this thing together faster. Gotta bounce!

DSC_0163.JPG

BAG 3:

Vision: I don't understand why Tony told me to come here early.

DSC_0165.JPG

Vision: There appears to be a lot of things that were put together wrong. I think Mister Barton must have been involved.

Hawkeye: Hey metal man, what did you mean by that?

Spidey: He meant that you're bad at your job Speedy from CW's the Arrow.

Cap: Because Speedy's a female archer?

Spidey: Yup.

DSC_0167.JPG

Vision: Alert! There is a fire due to Mr. Barton's ineptitude.

Spidey: Don't worry, I'll smother it in webbing!

Cap: Are you sure that stuff's not flammable?

Hawkeye: I hope it is.

DSC_0171.JPG

Spidey: AAAAAHHHHH! IT BURNS!

Cap: I've got the fire extinguisher.

Vision: I'll use this cover to smother the flames.

Hawkeye: I don't feel so good, are you sure those webs are edible?

DSC_0173.JPG

Hawkeye: I'm dying because Spider-Boy shot poisonous webs into my mouth.

Spidey: Listen Dorkeye, I eat that stuff all the time,and I'm fine.

Vision: I believe that you are fine because you have mutated spider genes and can process elements that Mister Barton cannot.

Spidey: I thought that Dorkeye's mutated Dork genes could handle it.

Cap: Come on Clint, suck it up. I've seen you pour Twizzlers in a bowl with cherry cola and call it cereal.

DSC_0175.JPG

Vision: I don't know why I deal with these people. Not a single one of them is logical.

DSC_0177.JPG

Finished shot:

DSC_0178.JPG

• Like 5

• 8 months later...

This set might be worth keeping an eye on. If you exclude the split set sellers, only 7 or 8 on Ebay and just a handful on Amazon. 

Probably more crushed boxes in the wild at TRU, but appears to be overlooked by the hoard. Even for Super Heroes, I am optimistic about this set and Wonder Woman. It was a TRU exclusive and went very quickly in the SAH sale. 

Edited by Villager Chris

Guest TabbyBoy
4 hours ago, Val-E said:

TRU exclusive means it will either be gold or a huge turd. There are no in-betweeners.

Turkey theme - not for me even though it's a nice looking truck. I've never seen it discounted in the UK so not worth buying.