Star Wars Rogue One Rumored Lego Sets

Sauromosis

Sod all the misers, I quite like the selection. Better than the summer wave which is largely reissues. Another x wing, another at-te, another turbo tank, another a wing, another Vader tie.

We have genuinely new star wars ships. Of course they bear a family resemblance to other vehicles from the same era , just in the same way military planes do, remember this is right before ANH so you wouldn't expect massive differences in technology. Plus if they were so different how would the casual audience be able to follow who was good and bad in an aerial battle scene.

I share the interest in 75153 AT-ST because I don't have any AT-ST yet and on the picture it looks quite good.

The 75152 looks more like a Mega Blocks Halo tank than something from the (LEGO) Star Wars universe.

The 75154 looks weird. Guess I have to see it in action in the movie first. 

I'm keeping my opinion about the 75155 neutral for now, until I've seen more angles of it.

And the 75156 looks just plain ugly to me! Nothing like the elegant Imperial Shuttle used in the OT films!

• Like 1

I was planning on selling off some AT-AT's this summer, but I think now that these sets were shown, i'm holding off and will wait until the holiday season.  I'm definitely not even considering selling any ISD's either at this point.  For those of us that invested in the summer 2014 or 2012 waves of sets, these sets are a promising sign that the investment potential is going to only go up on those older OT sets. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Haven't we done this once already today ??? :devil:

ETA: In case you need further clarification:

6 hours ago, Jeff Mack said:

Lego has their own rules that are forced upon them from Disney.  These sets technically are under wraps as part of their movie agreement.  Disney marketing has their timeline.  I am quite sure sites are being asked to take them down. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

$20 that we'll have a winner before night is up ;)

seriously though, @Alpinemaps, are links to not-officially-released pics allowed?

That becomes such a gray area.  Let's see how that goes.  There's certainly a lot of talk about where you can find the pics, so I don't know that links are even needed.  If anyone still can't figure out where to find the pics after all the discussion today, then you probably shouldn't be doing this investing thing. :lol:

And when the pics are officially available, we'll let you all know.  None of us mods are in this for the likes (at least, none of us but @exciter1, but he needs the validation, so we humor him).

• Like 9

Sorry, mods, I wasn't aware that pictures posted on Amazon are not allowed before Lego has officially published them. 

Unfortunately I obviously missed it when someone else posted them and they were removed, else I wouldn't have posted them here of course. I very much like to keep my reputation good and respectable here! :blush:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, inversion said:

Heed my words, if you are a fan of the brick, wisdom shall shine upon yer path.

Not any longer at that site you're referring to:

Update: LEGO has asked us to remove the images.

Interestingly, on the Dutch site I've mentioned before the pictures are still visible.

26 minutes ago, pstebbing said:

Rogue One Set images are HERE, but please do not post any on BP until Jeff or Ed get a green light from TLG.

Thanks for the link, hadn't seen those yet! 

That TIE is WAAAY overpriced IMO, $70, really? Same price as the TFA one, but looks a lot smaller. The Shuttle and U-wing aren't very overpriced, to me, but they don't look interesting. I really like the AT-ST, however, and it is well priced. $40 for 450 pieces? Not bad, especially for Star Wars! The hover tank looks well priced also, but it just doesn't appeal to me much.. if they don't have Rogue One battlepacks, though, I may grab it for those pilot figures.

Overall? I prefer the more original sets I suppose. These are all new designs which look kind of weird. :P (except the AT-ST, which is my favorite.. ;) )

Edited by FanOfLEGO101
---