76060 - Dr Strange Sanctum Sanctorum

Cheese

There is a Dr strange animated movie from 2007, which is actually pretty good.  I wouldn’t watch now, however, as it was an origins story and I’m fairly sure this year movie will follow the same plot/arc.

19 hours ago, DFC01 said:

I loved the set and I'm getting one for myself (and if I had the pieces and time, MOC the whole sanctum) but, as much as I love the prices my remaining Ant Man sets may fetch, nothing garantees this set will be an equal sleeper hit. Especially now that we are all paying attention to SH sets that may perform as well as AntMan.

I think that we can almost be assured that it will not be a sleeper hit simply because Ant Man was such a sleeper hit.  The hoard is nothing if not predictable and it has happened time and time again that the hoard will jump heavily onto any set that is viewed as similar or comparable to a set that rocketed in the past.  That is not to say that it won't appreciate, but I don't think that we'll see it selling for 3x-4x MSRP so quickly.

3 hours ago, TheOrcKing said:

Never thought I would see a tentacle monster in an official LEGO set. It is wickedly neat though and about time one of the most classic characters in Marvel history gets his due.

Very Lovecraftian, as Dr. Strange has always been. I'm looking forward to this and the movie. I could give a darn-diggity-darn about this as an investment. I want it for me. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 0:03 PM, lazuli16 said:

The Brickshow stated this was a Target exclusive, but I haven't really seen anything online to confirm it (disclosure: I spent 5 minutes googling it and couldn't fine confirmation).  Does anyone know if this is true?

After a quick search of Amazon, Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, and Target online... I'd say yes. At least in the US. (No listing at WM or TRU and only a weird 3rd party listing at Amazon)

• Like 1

On August 2, 2016 at 0:40 PM, biking_tiger said:

After a quick search of Amazon, Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, and Target online... I'd say yes. At least in the US. (No listing at WM or TRU and only a weird 3rd party listing at Amazon)

LEGO Shop at Home will have them...in October :-o

image.png

Just watched Jang's review.

Kinda dissapointed about all the stickers in this set. I can understand the sticker on the large curved piece, but all the tiles? It's meant for kids, so they would have a hard time applying the stickers to those tiny 1x2 tiles.

The printed fans are really nice though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...