76060 - Dr Strange Sanctum Sanctorum

Cheese

• 2 weeks later...

Cool set. The problem is, I don't think this one will be heavily discounted by Target and at this point in Lego investing, so much of our profits is getting a buy-in of at least 40% in order to cover costs. If you can find this at 30-40% off, by all means stock up. I'm thinking we'll see 20% off at most. 

There's also Marvel sequelitis. We'll no doubt see Doctor Strange in upcoming sets.  

Edited by pete411
  • Like 1

Cool set. The problem is, I don't think this one will be heavily discounted by Target and at this point in Lego investing, so much of our profits is getting a buy-in of at least 40% in order to cover costs. If you can find this at 30-40% off, by all means stock up. I'm thinking we'll see 20% off at most. 
There's also Marvel sequelitis. We'll no doubt see Doctor Strange in upcoming sets.  

Ant-man says hello
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, lobo1969 said:

Has anyone seen this in Canada outside of LEGO LEGO Shop at Home?

Nope. It's a Target exclusive. Not available even at Lego Brick and Mortar :-(

I wonder if Walmart/Target exclusives are ever time limited and if it will eventually open up to other retailers?

1 minute ago, jharrison said:

Nope. It's a Target exclusive. Not available even at Lego Brick and Mortar :-(

I wonder if Walmart/Target exclusives are ever time limited and if it will eventually open up to other retailers?

I know about the Target Exclusive but it boggles the mind that isn't spotted at a B&M. Basically this set is not public facing in Canada and there will be pent up demand here when retirement hits.

16 minutes ago, lobo1969 said:

I know about the Target Exclusive but it boggles the mind that isn't spotted at a B&M. Basically this set is not public facing in Canada and there will be pent up demand here when retirement hits.

This round of store exclusives was not supposed to be in B&M.  They bitched about them being available there and for this , tanker truck and the WM Batman it was supposed to be only at shop at home and the retailer.

Merlin stores and the parks did get them though about 2-3 weeks after release

Edited by ravenb99

1 minute ago, ravenb99 said:

This round of store exclusives was not supposed to be in B&M.  They bitched about them being available there and for this , tanker truck and the WM Batman it was supposed to be only at shop at home and the retailer.

Merlin stores and the parks did get them though about 2-3 weeks after release

strangely, I saw the Tanker Truck Takedown in the LEGOLAND Discovery center before I saw it in a TRU store.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been in roughly 7-8 targets over the last few days and they all have had tons of these sitting on the shelves in other wise barren Lego aisles. I am talking about an end cap with 15-20 and another 10-15 in the Lego aisle. I am not sure if it is too much stock or just not selling at all but doesn't look good for this set. We will see if they go on clearance at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, micbelt said:

I have been in roughly 7-8 targets over the last few days and they all have had tons of these sitting on the shelves in other wise barren Lego aisles. I am talking about an end cap with 15-20 and another 10-15 in the Lego aisle. I am not sure if it is too much stock or just not selling at all but doesn't look good for this set. We will see if they go on clearance at all.

Overproduced. This will also be available for at least another year. The last Target superhero set, Brainiac Attacks, is still at RRP after two years of availability. This is another superhero set loser. Superheroes line is like putting your money into a savings account but having to wait 2-3 years to get your money back.

7 hours ago, pete411 said:

The last Target superhero set, Brainiac Attacks, is still at RRP after two years of availability. This is another superhero set loser. Superheroes line is like putting your money into a savings account but having to wait 2-3 years to get your money back.

Funny, Brainiac attack is doing pretty well this side of the pond.  Moving at around 1.6/1.7 RRP and easy to pick up with 30/40% discount.  I’d be happy if Doctor Strange does as well.  

• 4 weeks later...