76060 - Dr Strange Sanctum Sanctorum

Cheese

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, marcinj said:

You guys think this set at 25euro is something to look at?

Should retire soon.

Look but don´t touch. It was available several times at 50% off on Amazon so people have stocked up at that buy-in.

It has been retiring soon for 4 months now so most people are waiting for further reductions.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered 10 sets at SAH Germany last week for 24.49€ each. It was 30% off and I pulled the trigger. Now its sold out at SAH Germany. Hope to make some miney in the long term. Maybe it reaches 2xRRP in a year or longer. Nice little investment!

37 minutes ago, d4m60d said:

Ordered 10 sets at SAH Germany last week for 24.49€ each. It was 30% off and I pulled the trigger. Now its sold out at SAH Germany. Hope to make some miney in the long term. Maybe it reaches 2xRRP in a year or longer. Nice little investment! emoji16.png

Availablity at Amazon for 17 euros all through Jan and Feb means that it will take long time for this set to appreciate.

Guest TabbyBoy
41 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Availablity at Amazon for 17 euros all through Jan and Feb means that it will take long time for this set to appreciate.

I personally don't think it will in the UK, RRP at best.

I personally don't think it will in the UK, RRP at best.

Agree with Tabbyboy. Number of reasons why this will struggle. 1 - Been hoarded by everyone because of Antman (even that has stagnated in last 6 months after initially rising upon retirement). 2 - Being tagged as 'retiring soon''. 3 - Superheroes theme. 4 - Dr Strange is not a A lister character. 5 - The likelihood of a remake for Dr Strange is high since everyone will pop up in Infinity Wars. These will linger at below RRP for a long time. Nonetheless I bought 2 at 40% off because it is a cool set and nice minifigures on the off chance that this is another ant man (which I did load up on and cleared 100% in less than six months) but I seriously doubt it. Good luck!

14 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

Agree with Tabbyboy. Number of reasons why this will struggle. 1 - Been hoarded by everyone because of Antman (even that has stagnated in last 6 months after initially rising upon retirement). 2 - Being tagged as 'retiring soon''. 3 - Superheroes theme. 4 - Dr Strange is not a A lister character. 5 - The likelihood of a remake for Dr Strange is high since everyone will pop up in Infinity Wars. These will linger at below RRP for a long time. Nonetheless I bought 2 at 40% off because it is a cool set and nice minifigures on the off chance that this is another ant man (which I did load up on and cleared 100% in less than six months) but I seriously doubt it. Good luck!

If Antman is the standard bearer for stagnated we'll be fine. That was easy to buy at £10-£13 and easy to move at £40. The thing hurting DSSS is the £30 rrp, should have be £20. Now sold out at UK LEGO Shop at Home last week when 30% off. I got in late 2016 when Tesco had crazy prices and topped up early June when Amazon went to £14. 

15 minutes ago, roxio said:

If Antman is the standard bearer for stagnated we'll be fine. That was easy to buy at £10-£13 and easy to move at £40. The thing hurting DSSS is the £30 rrp, should have be £20. Now sold out at UK LEGO Shop at Home last week when 30% off. I got in late 2016 when Tesco had crazy prices and topped up early June when Amazon went to £14. 

Difference between Dr Strange and Ant-Man is that Dr Strange will stagnate at below RRP.  Ant-Man at least doubled in price before it stagnated and even dropped back.  I sold my last stock for £45.  I believe that £35-£40 is the going rate.  This will sit at around £25 for a while yet.  Even at £20 on most shelves today, they are not shifting.  Spoke to someone at Leicester Sq Lego store and they said they have a lot of stock that they haven't shifted despite 30% off.

This set will likely showcase the main problem with Lego investing - the horde takes note of which sets did well in the past and assume rinse-and-repeat when the main reason for the original set´s success was its rarity value. This ones had been tagged retiring soon for half a year (between US and Europe SAH) so was on everyone´s radar.

No one marks stuff down to 50% for fun and that happened because Amazon price matched a major department store in Spain (not normally known for its great prices) that had overstocked and wanted rid of the excess it could not sell.

Guest TabbyBoy

I'll put my money where my fingers are...

£5 says that this won't clear RRP on eBay.co.uk 1yr post EOL after fees and postage (eg. £35 sale price plus P&P). The first PM I get reminding me if it does will get £5 via PayPal F&F ;-) Let's say £42 posted?

This set will likely showcase the main problem with Lego investing - the horde takes note of which sets did well in the past and assume rinse-and-repeat when the main reason for the original set´s success was its rarity value. This ones had been tagged retiring soon for half a year (between US and Europe SAH) so was on everyone´s radar.
No one marks stuff down to 50% for fun and that happened because Amazon price matched a major department store in Spain (not normally known for its great prices) that had overstocked and wanted rid of the excess it could not sell.

That's why I'm staying well clear of elves sets. Can see that being a car crash waiting to happen.

42 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I'll put my money where my fingers are...

£5 says that this won't clear RRP on eBay.co.uk 1yr post EOL after fees and postage (eg. £35 sale price plus P&P). The first PM I get reminding me if it does will get £5 via PayPal F&F ;-) Let's say £42 posted?

That's more than you made on Dragon Sanctuary.

Guest TabbyBoy
9 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

That's more than you made on Dragon Sanctuary.

Really, I made £17.50 a pop on those ;-)

It's more than I made on my Red 5's though!

Yes, the set is a gamble but almost every set is a gamble too. Don't know why everybody is talking about the hoarde when its going about RRP or 2xRRP. Not every Lego investor is in Superheroes, nobody knows how big the Superheroes-Hoarde is?! Nobody knows! So let's see what will come...

I personally line the set and minifigures in it! Worst case is to part out the set and minifigures and sell separately! I'm fine if I sell my sets with 30% profit. Or do you guys know a bank that pays you so much for your imvestment?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, d4m60d said:

Yes, the set is a gamble but almost every set is a gamble too. Don't know why everybody is talking about the hoarde when its going about RRP or 2xRRP. Not every Lego investor is in Superheroes, nobody knows how big the Superheroes-Hoarde is?! Nobody knows! So let's see what will come...

I personally line the set and minifigures in it! Worst case is to part out the set and minifigures and sell separately! I'm fine if I sell my sets with 30% profit. Or do you guys know a bank that pays you so much for your imvestment? emoji85.pngemoji23.png

Banks are so 2008. It´s all about virtual currencies nowadays and 30% daily profit that people use to buy yet more virtual currency. What could go wrong?

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Banks are so 2008. It´s all about virtual currencies nowadays and 30% daily profit that people use to buy yet more virtual currency. What could go wrong?

Don't get me started ;-)

However, it beats Rectum Rectorum!