Amazon Prime Day 2016

DadsAFOL

2 hours ago, Jeff Mack said:

Since today is a one day only thing, I know the focus should be Lego related, but in this thread (outside of the daily deals), I don't care if you post about other really good deals you find as well.  Help others find good stuff and don't be afraid to have fun with this today!

Prime Day Deals (so far):

75095 UCS TIE Fighter - Reg $199.99, Price on July 11 $196.35, Price Day Price ???? (Live at 8:05 am Pacific)

60069 LEGO City Police Swamp Police Station - Reg $89.99, Price on July 11 $65.44, Prime Day Price ???? (Live at 10:05 am Pacific)

60087 City Police Helicopter Pursuit - Reg $39.99, Prime Day Price $27.99  ** LIVE **

As we become aware of more deals, post them here, and we'll try to add them to this sticky.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello from Fulfillment by Amazon,

Prime Day, our global shopping event for Prime members, is coming mid-July! Last year, Prime customers ordered over 34.4 million items worldwide, saving millions of dollars in the process. Make sure you’re prepared to take advantage of this opportunity!

Start preparing for Prime Day today!

Thank you for selling on Amazon.

Sincerely,

The Fulfillment by Amazon Team

• 4 weeks later...

There's been a number of Minecraft sets running at about 20-30% discounts for a while now.  Never bought into Minecraft before, so:

1) Anyone familiar with the consensus if they're a viable investment?

2) Anyone recall from last year if Prime Day led to a run on existing discounts?  Basically, is there a fair chance Prime Day leads novice buyers to suddenly ****** up the currently discounted LEGO sets (basically all the same discounts we've know about sell out because the masses think they're some special Prime Day pricing)?

I'm wondering in terms of the availability suddenly dropping, I understand the prices aren't expected to change.

Example: 41106 Friends Pop Star Tour Bus is 25% off right now - has been for a few weeks and should be for several weeks to come.  No hurry to buy one, it's not going anywhere and may even drop further before it sells out.  Prime Day I expect to see that same 25% off - no deeper discount.  But if PD generates alot of general public traffic, seeing the 25% discount for the first time, they may sell out.  Therefore it would be better to buy a currently discounted set before PD (since the price isn't going anywhere, but the availability might).

Edited by AirborneAFOL

4 hours ago, jaisonline said:

Exactly how I remember it.  Many people posts here and on other web sites about it being underwhelming.

Read any of the articles and Amazon believes it was darn near a complete success.  More sales units than any other day in history (to date), more prime membership signups than any day in history, deals targeted what people want to buy at this time of year, etc.

I expect them to change nothing.  Look for exciting deals on:

• Partially chewed gum
  • A dustpan of floor sweepings from the corner of the warehouse
  • Blowout pricing on 3 year old Kindles
  • Open container toothpicks.  (The fancy colored kinds)

USA Today: How to get the best deals on Amazon's Prime Day
From USA Today

How to get the best deals on Amazon's Prime Day

http://usat.ly/29hU1Pz

SAN FRANCISCO — The off-season sale Amazon calls Prime Day hits July 12. If you're thinking of taking part, you'll save money and time by planning ahead.Here's how to prepare yourself ahead of the marketing bonanza, from apps that alert on price drops to asking Alexa.Decide whether it's worth joining PrimeAmazon says it will offer more than 100,000 deals over the course of the day, more than twice the number offered last year.The catch: the deals are only available to members of Amazon Prime, the Seattle company's $99-a-year membership program that offers free two-day (and sometimes one- and same-day) shipping as well other perks, including streaming video, music and photo storage. You can see a full list here.

2 hours ago, Jeff Mack said:

Since today is a one day only thing, I know the focus should be Lego related, but in this thread (outside of the daily deals), I don't care if you post about other really good deals you find as well.  Help others find good stuff and don't be afraid to have fun with this today!

75095 UCS TIE Fighter - Reg $199.99, Price on July 11 $196.35, Price Day Price ???? (Live at 8:05 am Pacific)

60069 LEGO City Police Swamp Police Station - Reg $89.99, Price on July 11 $65.44, Prime Day Price ???? (Live at 10:05 am Pacific)

60087 City Police Helicopter Pursuit - Reg $39.99, Prime Day Price $27.99  ** LIVE **

As we become aware of more deals, post them here, and we'll try to add them to this sticky.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If Amazon wants this to be a success they should consider waiving or significantly reduce its referral fees. The only ones that can offer the steep discount that it requires in order to be consider in the lighting deals are a bunch of no name crap or items offer directly by the manufacturers or Amazon.com themselves. The average retailer operating with slim margins have no incentive to participate in this promotion just to boost Amazon's brand.

15 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

60087 City Police Helicopter Pursuit goes on sale at 4:05pm EST. Reg $39.99, Price on July 12 6AM EST: $27.99