What Pirate ship is this?

MarleyMoose

Question

12 answers to this question

a mostly 6285/10040 , extra sails from 6274 i guess

missing the triangle red one thats goes on the front also some parts there

1 minute ago, Cozei said:

It's a MOC. No Lego ships of ever had four masts, even Imperial Flagship had three. Combination of Black Seas Barracuda (red sails and yellow details) and some colonial ship (blue sails).

yes and no, it's mostly blacks seas with extra sails, with no front sails

The ad says Lego ship from 85 and provided fun for 2 generations. I believe he's just a dad not that Lego educated and guessed on the approx date. $60 may be a good deal since it seems multiple Pirate ship sets are in there. The ad does state that 2 smaller Pirate boats included as well. I've asked for more info and have yet to hear back..

Completeness is the big question.
I don't see the bowsprit, there are extra guns (and hull middle sections), and the minifigs look a mix.

Bricklink and eBay complete copies are going at ~200$.

Of course always negotiate down. Try to verify complete. If it was definitely all there I'd jump on $60. But if things are missing get lower. Not sure if anyone would want incomplete.

Thankfully I have this from when I was a kid. Huge nostalgia factor for me.

Not sure what difference between 2 releases of Barracuda were of top of head.

Go to Brickset and check part list.
http://brickset.com/sets/6285-1/Black-Seas-Barracuda
Also try the brick instructions link or one of the others to get a feel for parts.
http://lego.brickinstructions.com/en/lego_instructions/set/6285/Black_Seas_Barracuda

4 hours ago, MarleyMoose said:

The ad does state that 2 smaller Pirate boats included as well. I've asked for more info and have yet to hear back..

You can see in the image, on the right side just behind the stern, the hull for the 6268 Renegade Runner. 

Another thing to keep in mind, because these ships are so old, you won't have to deal with tooooo much variety of types of parts... Modern sets can have nearly 300 unique types of part (that would include 1x4 black and 1x4 blue as two items mind you). These older ones usually had sub 200. What i'm getting at is, if the ships are indeed missing parts, the likelihood of locating them in your personal bulk tubs is quite high. Sails are the biggest sticking point if you want to resell. If for personal collection, making custom sails is a pretty viable option though. Renegade Runner goes for around $100 CAD completed alone.... the others would be bonus. Even at $60 I'd be all over that. I'm a big pirates fan from day 1 though.