Minifigure Photos

Guest brickcrazyhouse

Was at the church attached to my daughter's preschool and found "the minifigure bible.". Figured it was a huge compilation of minifigure photos, but it was an illustrated bible with minifigures. I'm not a big bible person, but it seemed super graphic.d49b7f5d3e476d96ad1719c8e3f083a5.jpg
0720b70c6854f383a8b4112576ac252e.jpg7b22cc7c7df7091c360b7c63dadf6ece.jpg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, kfishe2 said:
Was at the church attached to my daughter's preschool and found "the minifigure bible.". Figured it was a huge compilation of minifigure photos, but it was an illustrated bible with minifigures. I'm not a big bible person, but it seemed super graphic.

If I recall correctly, I'm pretty sure Costco was selling that around the holidays the last two years.

Was at the church attached to my daughter's preschool and found "the minifigure bible.". Figured it was a huge compilation of minifigure photos, but it was an illustrated bible with minifigures. I'm not a big bible person, but it seemed super graphic.

Looks like it was not made by a Christian, or for children.
I hate it when teachers buy or recommend books for kids that they never read.

• Like 1

Wow, I haven't seen The Brick Testament in a long while. Yeah it does give somewhat disturbing visuals to a selection of the choicest bits from the source material despite using the child friendly and normally innocent medium of LEGO.

Wow, I haven't seen The Brick Testament in a long while. Yeah it does give somewhat disturbing visuals to a selection of the choicest bits from the source material despite using the child friendly and normally innocent medium of LEGO.

There was a scene from the old testament with 30 concubines that was quite odd in minifigure form. Didnt take a picture of that one.

There was a scene from the old testament with 30 concubines that was quite odd in minifigure form. Didnt take a picture of that one.

It says on the cover "new Testament" but some of the pics were clearly old, which makes me question the theological legitimacy of the book/author.
  • Like 1

422e7e281e7648d25bbab2462aaa38f7.jpg
Built this over the past few weeks for my kids to maybe possibly keep their minifigures better organized. And I mounted it just high enough that my son can't reach the top three rows yet. That way I can put the expensive ones up there. Ya know, the ones the wife says "you gave him what to play with? You could have sold that for $50! What were you thinking? "

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, kfishe2 said:

Built this over the past few weeks for my kids to maybe possibly keep their minifigures better organized. And I mounted it just high enough that my son can't reach the top three rows yet. That way I can put the expensive ones up there. Ya know, the ones the wife says "you gave him what to play with? You could have sold that for $50! What were you thinking? "

What if he gets a step or chair to reach them?

What if he gets a step or chair to reach them?

He won't. He knows how serious I am about this stuff. But they are his already, I'm just trying to keep them contained. He can play with them but this way he has to ask for help to get them down and we can keep better track of where they are. I had a moment of panic last year after I gave him the Iron Man silver centurion and it was MIA within a day.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, kfishe2 said:

Any instructions on how you built the minifigure wall? Might do the same.

Any instructions on how you built the minifigure wall? Might do the same.

I got a 4x2 piece of MDF, painted it with black chalkboard paint. The ledges are Azec PVC house trim that had a nice flat profile on two sides, one to hold the minifigures and one to attach to the board. Attached them onto the MDF with finish nails and epoxy. Filled in the nail holes with PVC filler. Didnt paint the ledges because the PVC trim is a nice even white. Used "glue dots" to attach 2x sections of white lego plate. My ledges are 74 studs long. It won't hold all of their minifigures but at least the "complete" ones can be easily found.
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...