Jump to content

Lego 40225 - Rio 2016 Mascots

Recommended Posts

Just now, nolanfan34 said:

I could ask the friend who brought my 3 back to the states. If it is just them receiving the stock, and then re-addressing and mailing on pretty sure it would work if we're not talking hundreds of them.

Def not hundreds , maybe a few thousands though ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I could ask the friend who brought my 3 back to the states. If it is just them receiving the stock, and then re-addressing and mailing on pretty sure it would work if we're not talking hundreds of them.



Since that link upthread is for in country only, if someone trustworthy cold secure them, receive the package, and then slap a label to send to me, that would work.

Once I receive the box here, I'll break it open and distribute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

 


Since that link upthread is for in country only, if someone trustworthy cold secure them, receive the package, and then slap a label to send to me, that would work.

Once I receive the box here, I'll break it open and distribute.

 

Yeah, trustworthy not an issue. I can't tell from the page how many can actually be purchased though - anyone speak Brazilian Portuguese?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nolanfan34 said:

Yeah, trustworthy not an issue. I can't tell from the page how many can actually be purchased though - anyone speak Brazilian Portuguese?

I thinK 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a few from an in-law in Brazil (sorry, he's really not reliable for a repeat purchase... I cannot count on him).  I did a little research when I got mine and - IIRC - found you can ship a package of merchandise like this up to US$250 in value and it is considered an "informal" import by the customs police - just declare the true value and contents on the shipper documents, and there should be no additional duty / tax here in the US. Shipping five of them cost about R$100.  That's all the details I have. Sorry can't be more help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kenxxx said:

I got a few from an in-law in Brazil (sorry, he's really not reliable for a repeat purchase... I cannot count on him).  I did a little research when I got mine and - IIRC - found you can ship a package of merchandise like this up to US$250 in value and it is considered an "informal" import by the customs police - just declare the true value and contents on the shipper documents, and there should be no additional duty / tax here in the US. Shipping five of them cost about R$100.  That's all the details I have. Sorry can't be more help.

Yes it's $250 US for you guys before customs will come calling for their taxes (if you're in a taxable state). For Canadians it's a whopping $25 CDN and we all live in taxable provinces. 

LEGO is a toy though, so no extra duties are charged (in either country).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may have 10 coming from a co-worker in Rio. Guess they are going home for a week or so then returning to the states. He said he would do his best to pick them up for me. ( 22USD ea ) Here's hoping............=)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like my co-worker came through and will have 10 of these guys in hand tomorrow or at the latest Mon. They were a bit more then the web site though since he got them at the official Olympic store $35 USD, but at around $99 I should make a few bucks on em............=)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, longshot said:

Looks like my co-worker came through and will have 10 of these guys in hand tomorrow or at the latest Mon. They were a bit more then the web site though since he got them at the official Olympic store $35 USD, but at around $99 I should make a few bucks on em............=)

Well, guess I'm taking you off my list if I secure any.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alpinemaps said:

 


Considering I was going to redistribute at cost, I'll sell you one for $99.

 

LOL............I just assumed it would be whatever you could get them for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LOL............I just assumed it would be whatever you could get them for.



Nope. When I do a group buy, it's at cost. It's a way of giving back. Sometimes it's fun to just be a collector. We don't always have to have our reseller hats on.
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alpinemaps said:

 


Nope. When I do a group buy, it's at cost. It's a way of giving back. Sometimes it's fun to just be a collector. We don't always have to have our reseller hats on.

 

 

image.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

 


Nope. When I do a group buy, it's at cost. It's a way of giving back. Sometimes it's fun to just be a collector. We don't always have to have our reseller hats on.

 

Thats what I meant......... What you can get them for, NOT get for them..........lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...