Lego 40225 - Rio 2016 Mascots

I could ask the friend who brought my 3 back to the states. If it is just them receiving the stock, and then re-addressing and mailing on pretty sure it would work if we're not talking hundreds of them.

Since that link upthread is for in country only, if someone trustworthy cold secure them, receive the package, and then slap a label to send to me, that would work.

Once I receive the box here, I'll break it open and distribute.

16 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Since that link upthread is for in country only, if someone trustworthy cold secure them, receive the package, and then slap a label to send to me, that would work.

Once I receive the box here, I'll break it open and distribute.

Yeah, trustworthy not an issue. I can't tell from the page how many can actually be purchased though - anyone speak Brazilian Portuguese?

I got a few from an in-law in Brazil (sorry, he's really not reliable for a repeat purchase... I cannot count on him).  I did a little research when I got mine and - IIRC - found you can ship a package of merchandise like this up to US$250 in value and it is considered an "informal" import by the customs police - just declare the true value and contents on the shipper documents, and there should be no additional duty / tax here in the US. Shipping five of them cost about R$100.  That's all the details I have. Sorry can't be more help.

3 hours ago, Kenxxx said:

I got a few from an in-law in Brazil (sorry, he's really not reliable for a repeat purchase... I cannot count on him).  I did a little research when I got mine and - IIRC - found you can ship a package of merchandise like this up to US$250 in value and it is considered an "informal" import by the customs police - just declare the true value and contents on the shipper documents, and there should be no additional duty / tax here in the US. Shipping five of them cost about R$100.  That's all the details I have. Sorry can't be more help.

Yes it's $250 US for you guys before customs will come calling for their taxes (if you're in a taxable state). For Canadians it's a whopping $25 CDN and we all live in taxable provinces. 

LEGO is a toy though, so no extra duties are charged (in either country).

31 minutes ago, longshot said:

Looks like my co-worker came through and will have 10 of these guys in hand tomorrow or at the latest Mon. They were a bit more then the web site though since he got them at the official Olympic store $35 USD, but at around $99 I should make a few bucks on em............=)

Well, guess I'm taking you off my list if I secure any.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Nope. When I do a group buy, it's at cost. It's a way of giving back. Sometimes it's fun to just be a collector. We don't always have to have our reseller hats on.

Thats what I meant......... What you can get them for, NOT get for them..........lol

• 3 months later...