More Lego SDCC Promotions & New Theme Announced!

6 minutes ago, inversion said:

I 100% agree with you on that. I ferociously hate all SDCC exclusives for this exact reason. If all went to committed LEGO collectors I could maybe forgive the exclusivity. But right now they basically go to the highest bidder. By all means LEGO could just do an auction on their website and spare us the trouble LOL.  

And pocket the difference in sale price for themselves instead of giving it to those awful resellers ;) 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Quacs said:

And pocket the difference in sale price for themselves instead of giving it to those awful resellers ;) 

Since they are charging $40 for each set of 2 of those new "cubedude" like characters, that would cost you $160 for the set - so in a way, they are.

The Cubedudes back in 2010 were sold as one set together (not 4).

Man these are UGGGGLLLLYYY!  No thanks. Big time pass on me both as an investment and as a collector.  Just like Pokemon Go, I just don't get the funko pop craze either.   This bubble will "pop" in a few years and all these will be worthless.  Then there will be all this useless funko pop figurines valued at 0 floating in the great pacific garbage patch.  

Regardless.... I also see this as another case where Lego is kind of losing their edge.  

While, we can champion the Disney Castle, and to some degree the Big Ben, Lego has been pretty stale on new and exciting ideas this year.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, fossilrock said:

Man these are UGGGGLLLLYYY!  No thanks. Big time pass on me both as an investment and as a collector.  Just like Pokemon Go, I just don't get the funko pop craze either.   This bubble will "pop" in a few years and all these will be worthless.  Then there will be all this useless funko pop figurines valued at 0 floating in the great pacific garbage patch.  

Regardless.... I also see this as another case where Lego is kind of losing their edge.  

While, we can champion the Disney Castle, and to some degree the Big Ben, Lego has been pretty stale on new and exciting ideas this year.  

FUNKO pops are my guilty pleasure. I'm 40 years old, an Army officer, a medical provider, and I have subscriptions for Star Wars Smugglers Bounty, Marvel Collectors Corps, and DC Universe subscription boxes. I'm not sure what the heck is wrong with me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fossilrock said:

That is what I love about this  year instead of having to spend time deciding what to get Lego makes it for me by making bad sets.

• Like 2

Green Arrow I don't mind since he showed up in Darkseid Invasion.  I would like a classic version of the Atom, but I don't recognize that costume.  Is it new 52 or something else?

Edit - just saw that's the Arrow TV series version of the character.  Good choice for an exclusive minifig.  Nothing I really want.

Edited by zskid00

2 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

Green Arrow I don't mind since he showed up in Darkseid Invasion.  I would like a classic version of the Atom, but I don't recognize that costume.  Is it new52 or something else?

Green Arrow will be a giveaway during the LEGO Dimensions panel on Sunday.  Audience members will be given him when they enter the room.  (Of course, the one year I'm not going to SDCC, because I normally go on Sunday, and would have definitely hit this panel).

I agree - I'd love to have a classic Atom.  This version is from the CW "Arrowverse" - it has appeared in Arrow, The Flash, and DC's Legends of Tomorrow.

• Like 1

Where do you guys think the price for these minifigs will settle at in the next couple of days?  I have a feeling since there are only 2 minifigs, the numbers should be higher and therefore price could settle around $100...before going up again...don't know though

• 4 weeks later...