LEGO Dimensions

Sauromosis

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet the Millennium Falcon with Han Solo, C-3PO, and groovy Lando appeared in The LEGO Movie. A cameo sure but certainly a heck of one. If the possible profits seem high enough then Disney will make it so. How many millions did they pour into Wreck-It Ralph just for small cameos by the most famous characters created by corporations they don't own (yet) in video game history? Like any good business, they'll go where the money's at.

The contract was made with LucasFilm and Disney had literally no way to dissolve the agreement without seriously burning itself. However I see a couple of LEGO SW movies/series down the road just not made by Warner. They will be done most likely in conjunction with a Disney subsidiary. Disney channel is already featuring Droid Tales.

LEGO animations became a brand on its own by now which Disney has no way to compete with in that segment. But this game is purely a competition and a pretty close substitute. Most households won't finance multiple collectible toy games.

• Like 2

With out the rights to disney (SW, princesses, marvel, cars, jake...) how are they going to pull this off? Lego is locked in to disney for most of their licenses.  BTTF, Wizard of OZ? are they going after the AFOL croud?  other than ninjago and DC, I see nothing that attracts anyone 8-14 age range.  even the Lego movie and lotr seem like a stretch if they are going after kids, both of those are past (lego 2 still years away) and most kids move on fast.  and what about elves? I am not surprised they did not include friends (yet) but elves would have been a good fit.

Seems very bandwagon to me and not very well thought out.

Edited by jay4e

Funny to see LOTR so prominently represented when the theme is pretty much drying up and looks like they won't be doing any more waves of sets to really complete the theme. As others have stated though this is likely because they can't touch the Disney stuff and need as many themes as they can.

Bet you wish you did one final wave now don't you TLG! Kids will be like: "Dad, i want some LOTR sets to play with, they are so cool in game!" "Ok Timmy, i'm sure they sell sets of this theme for reasonable prices"...

Even saw ToO in the trailer! looked pretty awesome in a normal city haha. Who knows if this set will even be around when this game comes out..

I actually think Chima with their over the top weapons could be a good match for this video game.  Since TLG owns the theme, there is still a good chance it may be incorporated to the game.

Plus if Jurrassic World does well at the box office, it would be a great addition to boost the popularity of this game.

Even saw ToO in the trailer! looked pretty awesome in a normal city haha. Who knows if this set will even be around when this game comes out..

Psst, the red eye on the top of the tower means it is Barad Dur (Sauron's tower) shown in trailer as supposed to ToO (Saruman's tower). ;)  There is a good chance ToO is also included in the game though ;)

• Like 1

I actually think Chima with their over the top weapons could be a good match for this video game.  Since TLG owns the theme, there is still a good chance it may be incorporated to the game.

Chima's most redeeming quality, IMHO: that special, over-the-top firepower. Very video game ready. Reminds me a little of Ratchet and Clank.

• Like 1

The contract was made with LucasFilm and Disney had literally no way to dissolve the agreement without seriously burning itself. However I see a couple of LEGO SW movies/series down the road just not made by Warner. They will be done most likely in conjunction with a Disney subsidiary. Disney channel is already featuring Droid Tales.

LEGO animations became a brand on its own by now which Disney has no way to compete with in that segment. But this game is purely a competition and a pretty close substitute. Most households won't finance multiple collectible toy games.

Respectfully pro or con Star Wars and Marvel in this Lego Game,

No one has an upper hand in Disney.

Disney is not worried in the least what Lego animations can or cannot do, they are Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, ESPN and more.

They killed Clone Wars strictly because It was locked to Cartoon Network.

They paid Paramount for $200 million to get them out of Avengers and and a undisclosed amount for the Indiana Jones license.

Hasbro was secretly trying to buy Dreamworks and someone at Dreamworks didn't want it to happen and leaked it.

With a one page letter saying to Hasbro we would see you as an adversary they killed the deal with one sentence.

Lego brings Disney profits but they have no control to dictate anything to Disney.

The house of mouse cuts off its tail to spite itself before someone tells them what to do,

I love Disney but they are in control. It is whether it is important to them or not that they choose to do something about it.

You misunderstand. Disney will incorporate LEGO SW into its portfolio, since it is a brand in itself. From what I have seen they fully support it, Disney likes LEGO. In my opinion Disney will be a partner in new LEGO animations with the condition that it's only mixed with other Disney properties.

You misunderstand. Disney will incorporate LEGO SW into its portfolio, since it is a brand in itself. From what I have seen they fully support it, Disney likes LEGO. In my opinion Disney will be a partner in new LEGO animations with the condition that it's only mixed with other Disney properties.

Sorry. We are on same page... I agree Lego is a darling Disney likes. When Disney likes you great things can happen. :)

Respectfully pro or con Star Wars and Marvel in this Lego Game,

No one has an upper hand in Disney.

Disney is not worried in the least what Lego animations can or cannot do, they are Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, ESPN and more.

They killed Clone Wars strictly because It was locked to Cartoon Network.

They paid Paramount for $200 million to get them out of Avengers and and a undisclosed amount for the Indiana Jones license.

Hasbro was secretly trying to buy Dreamworks and someone at Dreamworks didn't want it to happen and leaked it.

With a one page letter saying to Hasbro we would see you as an adversary they killed the deal with one sentence.

Lego brings Disney profits but they have no control to dictate anything to Disney.

The house of mouse cuts off its tail to spite itself before someone tells them what to do,

I love Disney but they are in control. It is whether it is important to them or not that they choose to do something about it.

Disney seemed to kill most every active project regarding SW after taking over, regardless of whether it was already successfully, or nearly complete.

Sacrificing profits and accepting loses, all in an effort for complete control.

How available are these going to be?

Are you asking if any of the Fun Packs may be limited to certain retailers? I figure the main game bundles will be available worldwide but now I do wonder if for example the Wicked Witch could be a Target exclusive while Marty McFly is a Walmart one and the Ninjago duel pack for GameStop.

Are you asking if any of the Fun Packs may be limited to certain retailers? I figure the main game bundles will be available worldwide but now I do wonder if for example the Wicked Witch could be a Target exclusive while Marty McFly is a Walmart one and the Ninjago duel pack for GameStop.

Since they all available for preorder at Amazon, does not look like they are planning to play exclusivity game, at least at the moment