LEGO Dimensions

Sauromosis

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had quite a lot of fun playing the Dimensions game. Both the main story and the additional Level Packs that I purchased. Some of the Adventure Worlds were also fun to explore, because of the familiarity you feel when walking around in those worlds while knowing the related TV-series or movies. But overall it's not captivating enough to keep coming back to.

Love these packs for the unique figures. Would love to load up on Legolas packs for a bunch more archers to customize.

The Portal Chell figure is my favourite and used in my Portal MOC, and i just recently picked up Beetlejuice for Halloween ;)

Problem i found was they seemed to almost never go on sale in my area, if they did i might have picked up more.

11 hours ago, zskid00 said:

There are some sets in the last wave I want to pick up.  I wonder if they are going to be underproduced and more scarce or dumped for cheap at discount stores?

That’s what I want to know as well. I could use some more of these for my collection and I miss my trips to the 99 cent store. I really hope they liquidate these. That was really fun earlier this year.

We have been waiting on the Gremlins, Goonies, and Beetlejuice packs to drop...  I do wonder what the future of these minifigures will be as an investment.  It's obvious that many of these probably won't be made again... so I think having some of these characters like ET will more than likely be more valuable over time.

• 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, TacoCat said:

I vowed no more, but I simply couldn't resist at least grabbing a few. As mentioned in the DD thread yesterday they also had Sensei Wu, Unikitty, and McCain.

Seems that's it for now. Visited quite a few stores today to see what's what on my stops to a few closing Toys R Us....

PP Girls (found at two stores in small quantities)

Sensei Wu and Unikitty - about the same quantities of what ever was left for both of these at most stores

Cain - Abundant (this could be the Bart of this wave) and Bart is doing about $12 on Amazon by the way

Slimer and Doc Brown - When I found one I found the other (only saw them at 2 stores)

A few stores had nothing.

I felt a bit underwhelmed by the quantities found.

The sticker is an obvious issue if for resale.  I am having luck with the hair drier, but does require extra time to get it off just right and even then you will end up with some (not all) damaged packs. I wouldn't send them to Amazon, but I bet you'll get some classy sellers sending them in with a 1.99 sticker and all. SMH

On a lighter note, found 5 Friends Heartlake Airports for 49.99 minty fresh at Toys r Us :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LegoBro said:

The sticker is an obvious issue if for resale.  I am having luck with the hair drier, but does require extra time to get it off just right and even then you will end up with some (not all) damaged packs. I wouldn't send them to Amazon, but I bet you'll get some classy sellers sending them in with a 1.99 sticker and all. SMH

I've done pretty well with the last 99c store offerings on Amazon. But yeah, those stickers man! And of course they are big $1.99 PRICE stickers... That, along with many other factors, has me taking it easy this round. 

I hit a couple 99 cent stores in my area and it looks like they just got them in yesterday or today.

I bought a couple of 6 packs of Slimer, and four 6 packs of Powerpuff.  

They had some Nya, Wu, Unikitty, and McBain.

I used a hairdryer (dyson) and my fingernail to test a PPG set I was going to give to my 5 year old, sticker came off fine, but dulled the glossy paper of the cardboard box where my nail tried to start to peel the sticker.  I then used and X-acto knife to lift up the edge of the sticker and the stickers came up with no problem, looks like mint condition boxes.

Of the two stores I went to today, I would say there were about twenty 6 packs total at each store, not counting the 7-10 six packs out on the shelf.  Definitely not the massive quantity of last year.

This thread has been unusually quiet since these packs have started popping up.  Are they just not that plentiful or are people just keeping quiet?  I can say that I only found some Wu's at one store and then the next day they were gone.  I need to check a few other stores to see if they have anything.  I don't know if it's early in the game and just the beginning or maybe it won't be as huge of a deal like it was last year.  Have there been any other sightings of other packs like Sonic or the Goonies?

Edited by legodelorean