LEGO Dimensions

Sauromosis

I got lucky as I get there at 8 am at one store today while they were putting out the Excalibur Batman so I took all nine cases of six, it sucks that they opened the boxes to put the 1.99 stickers and then resealed them 

the green powerpuff girl and Michael knights were at pretty much all the 99 cents stores I visited (8 stores)

beetle juice is the hardest for me to find 

I also found benny at a few stores 

• Like 1

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, buidee said:

I got lucky as I get there at 8 am at one store today while they were putting out the Excalibur Batman so I took all nine cases of six, it sucks that they opened the boxes to put the 1.99 stickers and then resealed them 

the green powerpuff girl and Michael knights were at pretty much all the 99 cents stores I visited (8 stores)

beetle juice is the hardest for me to find 

I also found benny at a few stores 

Are they cases of 6? for some reason I thought cases of 12. Wonder Woman has been much harder to find than Beetlejuice. I am up to 11 Wonder Woman. 

I hit three stores on my way home from work,  Los Angeles Area.  I picked up BA Baracus, Excalibur Batman, Bane, and Marceline.

I saw a few Benny and Krusty (first time seeing those this year).

Lots of Knight Rider, Buttercup, and Unikitty on the shelves still.

46 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

All the stores I hit up today had radically different stock than Sunday. Like they sold through everything they had then and added new stuff today or yesterday. Like entire end displays taken down or shelves cleared and restocked. 

Yeah, I'm seeing the same thing.  And it's not the regular joe buying these up IMO.  The 1.99 price tag is warding off the gen public from buying up 5 to 10 at a time like last year.  Not driving as much this year to come across most of these packs.  The problem is knowing which packs to load up on the moment you see them, since SOME of them disappear after one or two shipments...ie slimer, doc brown, ET

Edited by LegoBro
  • Like 1

Here's what I have left: 9x Benny, 5x Powerpuff (fun pk), 6x Powerpuff (team pk), 10x Bane, 8x Knightrider, 18x Unikitty, 9x Adventure Time, 1x Hermione, 1x Chase.  If anyone else is interested, PM me.  I'll hold on to them until Sunday the 4th .  Then they go back to the store and I'm calling it a day ?

• Like 1

Hit approximately ten stores here in south Cali.  Only found Loyd at one store.  Approximately 6 cases worth.  YMMV.  Managed to find more A-Team and Wonder Woman at various stores.  No Superman.  A few stores had nothing at all while others still had an abundance of Chase, Knight Rider, and Bane. 

3 hours ago, LegoBro said:

Hit approximately ten stores here in south Cali.  Only found Loyd at one store.  Approximately 6 cases worth.  YMMV.  Managed to find more A-Team and Wonder Woman at various stores.  No Superman.  A few stores had nothing at all while others still had an abundance of Chase, Knight Rider, and Bane. 

I found Superman, Cyberman and Tina Goldstein

• Like 2

Is there anyone looking to get these things in bulk that doesn't have a store near them? Maybe we could work out a deal. I cannot guarantee set availability, but I could probably get 40-50 at a time of whatever assortment is currently in the store. It would have to be a take what I can find type of thing. I'm not going to scour the city for only specific characters to make $1 profit a set. But I will try to help out people feeling a bit left out. By my math, if I charge $3.25 a set, after taxes and fees, I would take almost $1 per set.  I'm not going to sell 1 or even 10 sets like this, since the time isn't worth the gain. Sorry if this sounds a little mercenary, but this is a site about making money from LEGO.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, LegoBro said:

Those Lloyds are literally gold if you can find em. Going for 22 fba. Will take a dip after this..but if the disbursement on the pack is low.. price will come back soon enough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

large numbers of them on Ebay for $7.50-$9.99

99 cents only gets shipments on Sat, Tues and Thurs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

large numbers of them on Ebay for $7.50-$9.99

99 cents only gets shipments on Sat, Tues and Thurs

That's good to know. The follow-up question would be, do they typically restock the shelves those mornings, evenings, or the following day. :D
I'd space the visits out more with less FOMO, and I'm tired of the "weren't you just here" questions. ha

25 minutes ago, lodibricks said:

That's good to know. The follow-up question would be, do they typically restock the shelves those mornings, evenings, or the following day. :D
I'd space the visits out more with less FOMO, and I'm tired of the "weren't you just here" questions. ha

One store told me to check the following day as they would typically be out then, but I have found that if I arrive in the morning, someone has already been there. For me, it's late afternoon that they start to put it out.

2 hours ago, LegoBro said:

No doubt on ebay prices...QFLs at your service there. This week should be very telling. Last year the 99 cent bash ended or started to dwindle down right around this time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Did any of the ones from last year ever recover? I can't sell Simpsons minifigures to save my life.

20 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

One store told me to check the following day as they would typically be out then, but I have found that if I arrive in the morning, someone has already been there. For me, it's late afternoon that they start to put it out.

Did any of the ones from last year ever recover? I can't sell Simpsons minifigures to save my life.

Thanks @thoroakenfelder.

Seriously, when I first saw Dimensions for 99c, I went a little crazy on Simpsons. Now I'm hesitant to buy a mass amount of any knowing my casket will be filled with Barts & Homers.

1 hour ago, lodibricks said:

Thanks @thoroakenfelder.

Seriously, when I first saw Dimensions for 99c, I went a little crazy on Simpsons. Now I'm hesitant to buy a mass amount of any knowing my casket will be filled with Barts & Homers.

I had a lot of simpson level packs that were stagnant until a German reseller bought most of my stock.  Now I have a handful of Simpson fun packs that usually sell when someone is buying other sets.  

I think the thing to look for when buying sets is:

-do I have enough variety and selection to make international shipping worth it for the buyer?

-do i have an the sets have any value to part out?  Some of the minifigures might hard to find or only available in the dimension set.  Some could be common (superman, wonderwoman) 

-does the theme have worldwide appeal?  Hasslehoff may have appeal in Germany but outside of the States and Germany, does anyone else want or know Knight Rider?

-have enough stock on hand to sell to resellers.  Have it priced attractively.  

If you are going for top dollar dont expect to sell quickly, you are in it for the long hail and keep in mind that the game may not be playable in the future... then what do you do?  See “can I part these out” above.  

For me, I’ve been cautious.  Not sure how popular Dimensions will be this year.  If they were 99¢ I’d probably arm sweep them all.  For some reason $1.99 makes me pause.  I still have Wicked Eitch from last year that are languishing.  

Remeber, there’s nothing that price won’t fix.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

The first set I bought last year was a shelf-full of Scoobys - I had never bought a Dimensions set before but I saw 2 nice minifigs for $.99.  $24 on amz and $22 on ebay 1 year later.  I guess I should have scooped the other 10 shelves.

Edited by FM