71042 - Silent Mary

Alpinemaps

38 minutes ago, fantomas007 said:

I cannot imagine that a lot of people is buying this crappy set on 1. day, without any discounts or bonus polybags... Only fools...

Could wait until 4/1 April Fools day and get the FREE LEGO Creator Mini Volkswagen Beetle (40252) with purchases of $50 or more.  Or buy it tomorrow and part out the minifigs and Sharks for over $100 easily.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, inversion said:

After looking at the review the set is not crappy, just different, and I like it. I would be a fool to buy from the first batch though as the Jack Sparrow fig has production issues in all copies I have seen to be reviewed. His skin-colored hairy chest (as shown on the box) is grey.

However, if you want to open it in the near future and are sneaky enough, you can buy it and ask for a replacement fig when they fix it. Ensured way to get a dupe fig.

This set has very limited customers base. For children it is expensive + horrible playable options (very fragile construction), AFOLs - 80% of pirates fans (including me) dont like this set. Also it has a limited potential as investment - I cannot imagine how will somebody pay 300 eur and more for such wreck in the future.

If they wanted to have a scary ship, they could do something like this flying dutchman:

15124847036_2179ff4152_c.jpg

• Like 7

I agree it makes more economic sense not to buy ANY set till it is at least 50% off somewhere, however the reseller business model depends on lazy, impetuous and impatient people or those that want to be the first to have something.

This set will be a SAH exclusive for at least 3 months and the real fans will want to have it now.

4 hours ago, inversion said:

After looking at the review the set is not crappy, just different, and I like it. I would be a fool to buy from the first batch though as the Jack Sparrow fig has production issues in all copies I have seen to be reviewed. His skin-colored hairy chest (as shown on the box) is grey.

However, if you want to open it in the near future and are sneaky enough, you can buy it and ask for a replacement fig when they fix it. Ensured way to get a dupe fig.

I agree, i'm looking forward to it because of how it's different.Really looking closely at it, there are some cool techniques going on in here.

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

Hey, real fans.  Please buy when I'm ready to sell.  Thank you...

I'm getting two of them by tomorrow morning. One 4 QFLL and the second for parting out. But I will keep Jack Sparrow minifig probably because it's so stellar.

On 9-3-2017 at 9:19 PM, brickolodon said:

looks like its avail from some LEGO stores? Legoland FL?

P.S. I like this...ship does not float, great for your aquarium?

shipdoes.jpg

I like that they felt they had to put that on the box. NFS it doesn't float.

12 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

I like that they felt they had to put that on the box. NFS it doesn't float.

buyers doesn't read the description so they will open a dispute on paypal anyway, and the cringe part is that PayPal will back their side.
"ship does not float, what kind of ship is that, I want my moni back"

-case closed, customer to reimburse.

haters gonna hate and potatoes gonna potate...
interesting details, no parts count information on the box and size is about standard big box known from Ewok Village or Most Modulars but is significantly heavier than those two mentioned.
Love the Quality of the Print and overall box presentation.

wKdzs1d.jpg

can't wait to build this one today's evening.

• Like 8

I just got one today with free heli..not much interest at all from customers, will be slow seller but i hope ppl see the new movie and it will heat up...expect big discounts this year.)

This year kind of strange, all new sets got lack of interests, may be everybody buying batman movie sets and dinensions...idk.

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 6:22 AM, LahH001 said:

Doesn't really make me want to shell out 229 for one. Maybe 1/2 that and I'd get one. So lackluster. It looks like a 1/2 built ship. I'm sure parents and even kids will be thinking that as well. Definitely more of a collector piece, and I'm sure sales will be slow at least until we see the full lineup of sets for this theme.

So I just keep staring at the LEGO page for this several times/day waiting (maybe hoping) the add to bag will disappear until April 1st.  I know I will buy it at some point, but just don't love it enough without a decent discount or promotion.  In desperation I even polled my children on which ship they like best:  Silent Mary, QAR (own), or BP (own) and of course 1 definitely likes the Silent Mary better and the other "kind of" likes it better.  No help whatsoever in my efforts to wait it out...

It's exclusive so at least 4-5 months before first signs of sales... Minifigs are worth to pull the trigger I'm setting special Led lighting for this one on the shelf for better presentation, and it's defo for collectioners and AFOLS not for kids to play around. It's ridiculously fragile. But the minifigs? I think these from this set are among the best in Lego history, the amount of details and overall execution is just overwhelming.

I know those Leicester Lego employees by name. Alexios at Mosaic Maker and behind the till Anna and Alex. Triple A.

• Like 1