71042 - Silent Mary

Alpinemaps

7 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

This is the new standard, at least in the EU. We saw the same thing with Assembly Square and the Death Star. That's why I'm 100% sure we'll see 160€ UCS Snow Speeders in a few months.

Ass Square and Bloody Mary are still SAH exclusives here but I guess TLG are now focussed on sustaining turnover so they are churning out Ideas and D2Cs to all and sundry ASAP.

It´s going to be hard for them not to post negative growth figures this first semester but you can bet they will put out all the stops and have fingers crossed for some TLJ craziness to help in Q4. A couple of thousand 800 euro MF sales might also help!

Edited by Val-E

6 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Thank you for that. I was able to grab 2 from Toys r us on Newegg with some discounted gift cards I've had for a couple months. Still get TRU base points and don't pay tax. ? If only TRU would accept my reseller certificate I wouldn't go this route.

Edited by SageFly

Anyone else notice this set is not listed under "Hard to Find" on TRU which typically excludes it from discounts?  Without any other sets at the moment to go with a theme discount, I wonder if we will see any other opportunities to discount this set other than rewards or discounted GCs?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BRIX23 said:

Anyone else notice this set is not listed under "Hard to Find" on TRU which typically excludes it from discounts?  Without any other sets at the moment to go with a theme discount, I wonder if we will see any other opportunities to discount this set other than rewards or discounted GCs?

My coupon doesn't work...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BRIX23 said:

11 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

My coupon doesn't work...

Well that sucks.  Thanks for the response!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elkkthunder said:

odds of a better price at some point, without some weird Kmart magic?

Probably.   I think we'll see this set 25% or more at some point. I don't think there will be much demand for this set at retail after the film is released.  It also doesn't help this set isn't a "legit" or "somewhat typical" pirate ship  

However, I'll take a 15% discount any day of the week to build a nice recent released set :)

if the film flops, we'll see 35% and more off.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jaisonline said:

Probably.   I think we'll see this set 25% or more at some point. I don't think there will be much demand for this set at retail after the film is released.  It also doesn't help this set isn't a "legit" or "somewhat typical" pirate ship  

However, I'll take a 15% discount any day of the week to build a nice recent released set :)

if the film flops, we'll see 35% and more off.

This movie has been trending very well and it will surprise some people. I think the SM is a very well built pirate ship and as with most ships I'm sure it will do well post retirement. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2017 at 4:45 PM, Pedilego said:

I actually like the set, and so does my wife. We have an extremely modest mermaid cove adjacent to our Imperial Flagship vs. Pirate-colored Imperial Flagship. I think this'll look neat when placed against the cove in it's crooked 'broken' configuration, as if it had been run aground due to battle and / or the lure of the mermaid sirens. The only challenge is, as always, finding room hahah.

Haven't gone to the trouble to dynamically incorporate it, but found the room (sorry about the bad lighting):

IMG_6522.thumb.JPG.6a43cd59f16d4d0952557db3bbec0306.JPG

• Like 1

Saw the POTC film today.  Def not a tank Depp's recent films and other blockbuster fiction (looking at you Warner Bros).  I would prob rank it the 2nd best in the series.  Knightly's Swan character wasn't even needed  / missed in the film.  Instead, that scene felt forced.  4 out of 5 stars from me.  Def surpassed my expectations.

The Silent Mary and it's crew were awesome.  More interesting than the QAR and Flying Dutchman ships and their crews  in my opinion. 

I like that Lego took a risk with this set and didn't rehash another "for play" Black Pearl.  Lego should take more risks like this one. 

• Like 2

Saw the POTC film today.  Def not a tank Depp's recent films and other blockbuster fiction (looking at you Warner Bros).  I would prob rank it the 2nd best in the series.  Knightly's Swan character wasn't even needed  / missed in the film.  Instead, that scene felt forced.  4 out of 5 stars from me.  Def surpassed my expectations.
The Silent Mary and it's crew were awesome.  More interesting than the QAR and Flying Dutchman ships and their crews  in my opinion. 
I like that Lego took a risk with this set and didn't rehash another "for play" Black Pearl.  Lego should take more risks like this one. 

Johnny Depp was in "Tusk", so he has that going for him.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...