71042 - Silent Mary

Alpinemaps

23 hours ago, donbee said:

There will definitely be a ship.
I wish it were the Flying Dutchman, but i doubt that ship will return.
Queen Anne's Revenge and/or the Black Pearl could be in the new movie. And there will certainly be a new ship captained by the new antagonist. It's suppose to have a ghost crew.

I would say the Dutchman is a highly likely chance seeing that Bloom is in the movie according to IMDB and he's the captain of it now and LEGO supposedly already had one designed.

• Like 2

I would say the Dutchman is a highly likely chance seeing that Bloom is in the movie according to IMDB and he's the captain of it now and LEGO supposedly already had one designed.

Lego already had one designed? Where did you get that news.? I would love to see the preliminary pictures or at least the particular news?

7 hours ago, Ted said:

Lego already had one designed? Where did you get that news.? I would love to see the preliminary pictures or at least the particular news?

I'm pretty sure there was what people speculated was the Dutchman in one of the pictures of the LEGO offices either in one of the designer videos or photos from something.  It was sitting on a shelf in the distance, but was obviously not a pirate ship they had released.  I'll see if I can find the photo later.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, graphite said:

I'm pretty sure there was what people speculated was the Dutchman in one of the pictures of the LEGO offices either in one of the designer videos or photos from something.  It was sitting on a shelf in the distance, but was obviously not a pirate ship they had released.  I'll see if I can find the photo later.

If I remember correctly, it was a designer video for an Ideas set?  I can sort of picture it in my head.  I'm pretty sure there were some screen shots out there.  Doubt that helps, but maybe?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stud-Flipper said:

What I really wish is that LEGO would put 2 ships in the same set, so there could be an actual battle. And not just 1 ship and a little rowboat.

Sure, if you think parents will buy a $200+ set with 2 ships...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CM4Sci said:

Sure, if you think parents will buy a $200+ set with 2 ships...

And, since the latest brick bounty was panned as being a poorly done ship at the $99 price point, let's assume LEGO would need to charge  on the plus side of $300 to deliver two sets of sufficient size and detail. I'm in though if LEGO wants to produce that set. I'd kill for a pirate ship version of the Imperial Flagship.

• 1 month later...

If it is a rehash...then that would. be a poor decision by Lego. Because that would affect the aftermarket here to a small extent. A bad rehash we can don't buy it and our existing BP and QAR can keep its value. A good rehash on the other hand...hmm more money out of my pocket.

• 4 months later...