Modular Rumor - Hospital - 2017 Release

dcdfan

4 minutes ago, gregpj said:

We already have a recent hospital with an ambulance...

10937.png

Maybe the real rumor is that AA is being remade with a batcopter of course. Where are those inside-info people when you need them!

Yeah, except that one doesn't work right because the patients always release themselves and keep coming back.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Stud-Flipper said:

And it needs to have a waiting room with an elevator(assuming it's 2+floors), with functioning doors that open and close. And maybe some power functions to go up and down. 

If it's anything like Arkham it should have a revolving door with a lounge for frequent users

• Like 2

It will be interesting if Lego made it so it expandable. Like building a real structure, different phase at a time. They can maybe launch an ER section this year, then next year they can do an additional wing just to keep the details and the price tag around the same.

Edited by tacsniper

I think this needs to be a massive set to interest people.  Let's face it, most of the Modulars are wonderful sets, but they are losing their luster a bit.  It's time to make a statement.

I'd agree with that perspective, but on the other hand... if they "go big or go home" with the next modular, wouldn't they be setting a new precedent for people's expectations? If the one following it was average sized again, wouldn't that be a big let down? Perhaps a bigger let down than the next one being another average size modular?

I'd be happy with a higher parts count, but increase the small parts and give us full interior detailing. I've done a couple MOCs recently with this approach. Parts come out to around 3k on average, but no heavier than an average modular. People love the micro builds.... pack more of that in and I think people would be satisfied even if the finished build isn't Town Hall size.  

Edited by Zelgazra

34 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

I'd agree with that perspective, but on the other hand... if they "go big or go home" with the next modular, wouldn't they be setting a new precedent for people's expectations? If the one following it was average sized again, wouldn't that be a big let down? Perhaps a bigger let down than the next one being another average size modular?

There are not so many long term collectors as you would think. Average customer will only see like 5 modulars on offer at the same time, 1-2 large, rest smaller. That would make sense both from product differentiation and realism point of view, since building sizes are quite varying in fact. Then they would buy 1-3 over a time period and get done with it, either because they get bored or the more likely scenario manifesting in not enough space.

As a poor nursing student, I've never actually gotten a modular, but I would find a way to get a hospital regardless. I liked the idea of different wings. Best case scenario: a two floor wing at $200 and a smaller, maybe one floor wing at $100-150. Both released simultaneously.  It would offer a lower entry point for people who haven't yet gotten a modular, and provide an exciting, huge hospital for collectors and enthusiasts. Maybe the smaller one could be a children's hospital/children's wing?

Edited by Flanagan Bros Inc

18 minutes ago, Follows Closely said:

I would love to see the modular line offer a 3-in-one, and a hospital would be a great way to introduce it.  each of the tree models could be different wings of the hospital. A hospital as a typical modular I am not interested in, just too small.

I think a medical clinic or dentist's would be closer to what will we have.

Edited by inversion
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, inversion said:

I think a medical clinic or dentist's would be closer to what will we have.

That's not a bad thought. A doctor or dentist office is probably more to scale, but what to do with the upper floors? Office space? An apartment? A small business renting space from the medical practice?

5 minutes ago, Deadfraggle said:

That's not a bad thought. A doctor or dentist office is probably more to scale, but what to do with the upper floors? Office space? An apartment? A small business renting space from the medical practice?

In a small clinic there can be multiple professionals. There can be a waiting room, a GP's room, a dentist's room plus a random business as we have seen in the last few years.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this in 2017 city forum on eurobricks, please check corner art where is interesting modular building.It has 4 floors like rumours say looks like corner or inverted corner type of building.Seems very detailed unlike other buildings in art.

For me it looks like some kind of hospital with entrance for ambulance but that are my only wild guesses .
60147-1.jpg?201608080822