Star Wars 2017

fossilrock

Star Wars: Winter Wave sets.

LEGO Star Wars 75176 - €39.99 - (£29.99, $29.99) - Resistance Transport Pod
LEGO Star Wars 75177 - €59.99 - (£54.99, $49.99) - First Order Heavy Scout Walker
LEGO Star Wars 75179 - €79.99 - (£74.99, $79.99) - Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter
LEGO Star Wars 75187 - €99.99 - (£84.99, $99.99) - UCS BB-8
LEGO Star Wars 75188 - €109.99 - (£99.99, $109.99) - Resistance Bomber
LEGO Star Wars 75189 - €139.99 - (£129.99, $149.99)  - Heavy Assault Walker
LEGO Star Wars 75190 - €149.99 - (£139.99, $159.99)  -The Finalizer : First Order Star Destroyer

LEGO Star Wars 75526 - €19.99 - (£14.99, $19.99)  - Elite TIE Fighter Pilot
LEGO Star Wars 75528 - €24.99 - (£19.99, $24.99) - Rey
LEGO Star Wars 75529 - €24.99 - (£19.99, $24.99) - Elite Praetorian Guard
LEGO Star Wars 75530 - €34.99 - (£29.99, $34.99) - Chewbacca

Edited by jaisonline
updated w/ more info
  • Like 4

• 3 months later...
Man, we NEED a new TIE Bomber and TIE Interceptor now.

Not quite what you meant, but I worked up a modified LDD version of the UCS Tie Interceptor MOC that went around a couple months back. Mine works with the detachable wing design from the UCS Tie.

My goal this month is to actually build it and make an instruction set. The BrickLink parts list isn't cheap and I last left off trying to hone down the part/cost.

If I meet my goal maybe I'll have something worth sharing by Jan end.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/izh07hq4h6rfwia/Tie%20Interceptor%20Exploded%20View.mov?dl=0
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, jaylay said:

A lot of great looking sets in this wave.

You did mean to say a bunch of badly overpriced sets in this wave, right, right?

Can't believe how little bang for your buck there is on most of these sets. The Battle on Scarif has to be one of the biggest jokes out there, €60 for 419 pieces and 4 minifigures, only 2 of which are important to the movie. The A-Wing for €50, really, are people really going to pay that just to get Lando.

The only set that looks worth getting when you see them on the shelves is the Y-Wing, it looks like a proper set, in a decent size box.

This is the biggest threat to the secondary market, over priced, under sized sets, with Lego messing up things so badly with their own business that people will stop buying Lego for their kids, whether on the primary or secondary market.

Rant over.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

As the article stated, it really should be zero surprise that a new UCS Falcon will come out in the next year or so, especially with the new Han Solo movie coming out.  The question will be the design.  Hopefully it is either much better or much worse than the 10179, but an identical set to the 10179 will once again be bad for all concerned.  LEGO has a chance to correct their 10188/75159 mistake and give fans something worthwhile to build and collect.

• Like 2

Based on previous refreshes, it usually doesn't matter if the new version is an improvement or not (investment-wise).

Most people want to "keep up with the Jones" especially if it's a cheaper option. Buy the "latest and greatest".

As much as I enjoy the display power of my 10179, I'll prob end up selling mine.  My used w/ box 10179's lower buy-in cost from 2 years ago is still expensive for a Lego set.  :( Now if I paid closer to the $500 MSRP price, I would def hold onto it regardless of a refresh. 

Cool thing about our community is some folks have a different situation as me so they will keep their 10179.

I've been expecting this for a while which is why I've held off on bricklinking one for £1000-1500.

It's been 10 years since the original so people have had plenty of time to cash in. 

I hope it's more detailed than 10179 but given the demand for the original I'd be surprised if they spent much money & time on design of they're going to keep this in an acceptable ball park

• Like 2

Like you have a loft full of 10179´s.....

I welcome it as it will give renewed interest to UCS theme and means we probably won´t get an ISD, X wing or ATAT.

Just read the article, if they are basing evidence on DS box artwork as the most reliable source then move along, nothing to see.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

Lets not kid ourselves, the remake is gonna happen, if not this year then next year.  If you have any 10179 to sell I would do it sooner than later.  I'm not sure what you would be waiting for at this point if you're still holding on to stock.

Maybe they want to wait & see just how much $ they will lose.

Never thought we would see the day when having patience (in LEGO investing) became a negative attribute.

• Like 1