Star Wars 2017

fossilrock

Star Wars: Winter Wave sets.

LEGO Star Wars 75176 - €39.99 - (£29.99, $29.99) - Resistance Transport Pod
LEGO Star Wars 75177 - €59.99 - (£54.99, $49.99) - First Order Heavy Scout Walker
LEGO Star Wars 75179 - €79.99 - (£74.99, $79.99) - Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter
LEGO Star Wars 75187 - €99.99 - (£84.99, $99.99) - UCS BB-8
LEGO Star Wars 75188 - €109.99 - (£99.99, $109.99) - Resistance Bomber
LEGO Star Wars 75189 - €139.99 - (£129.99, $149.99)  - Heavy Assault Walker
LEGO Star Wars 75190 - €149.99 - (£139.99, $159.99)  -The Finalizer : First Order Star Destroyer

LEGO Star Wars 75526 - €19.99 - (£14.99, $19.99)  - Elite TIE Fighter Pilot
LEGO Star Wars 75528 - €24.99 - (£19.99, $24.99) - Rey
LEGO Star Wars 75529 - €24.99 - (£19.99, $24.99) - Elite Praetorian Guard
LEGO Star Wars 75530 - €34.99 - (£29.99, $34.99) - Chewbacca

Edited by jaisonline
updated w/ more info
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Bold-Arrow said:

aside from the one coming with the new skiff?

Yes, it's a blue torso. Some other figures in the picture that have been cropped off, one being a stormtrooper and the others (pure guesswork) look like a bespin guard and darth vader.

Looks like the Bounty Hunter pack contains IG88, Dengar, 4LOM, and Bossk.  Freakin' A - what a pack!  Now they need to do 3 or 4 cantina packs like this.  I don't care if they are just some weird table you build.. .FREAKIN' DO IT, LEGO!

Overall, this wave is better than the upcoming winter wave, I think. Although it's not great.  I've already come to the conclusion, i'm just going to buy a select group of minifigures out of most of this years sets and skip buying the sets themselves.  I've already done this with the Clone Turbo Tank, and Poe's Resistance X-wing from last summer wave since we had no interest in buying those sets.   This year, i'll probably do the same..

To me the sets are ranked 

1. Bounty Hunter Battle Pack

2. Rathtar Escape... I cant tell if this comes with an actual rathtar or not.  

3. Vader Transformation.. (don't have the original, and always wanted an official episode 3 emperor, burned anakin and vader)

Just now, exciter1 said:

Episode 7, when Rey and Finn were fleeing the FO on Jakku, the Quad Jumper is the first thing they turned to and it was quickly destroyed, then they turned to the Falcon. I think that's how it went down?

lol, that thing? Cool, 0.5 seconds of screen time, makes sense to make into a set haha. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, nolanfan34 said:

lol, that thing? Cool, 0.5 seconds of screen time, makes sense to make into a set haha. 

No kidding...  I have no idea why the heck that set is coming into being.  Looks like it only has one exclusive mini and everything else is rehashed.  This set will be clearance fodder in 2018.

9 hours ago, fossilrock said:

Looks like the Bounty Hunter pack contains IG88, Dengar, 4LOM, and Bossk.  Freakin' A - what a pack!  

Now they need to do 3 or 4 cantina packs like this.  I don't care if they are just some weird table you build.. .FREAKIN' DO IT, LEGO!

The bounty hunter pack is interesting. I'm curious how much they improve upon the figure set from the 10221 SSD. Love the 4LOM, but bummed there's no Zuckuss considering Dengar is available elsewhere currently.

I also think it will be a slow seller long term in that it's doesn't inspire multiple purchases. Surprised that they went with unique characters vs Army Builders.

Love your idea of the Cantina packs. The upside for Lego there, is that you WOULD want multiple Hammer Heads, or Duros, etc. As you can mix and match and create more aliens.

I suppose you could with the bounty hunter set too........ but they're a bit more uniquely identifiable.

Also, which 4LOM did they pick, the one we grew up with, or after they changed the names?

Edited by mudcatsfan

14 hours ago, John82 said:

Yes, it's a blue torso. Some other figures in the picture that have been cropped off, one being a stormtrooper and the others (pure guesswork) look like a bespin guard and darth vader.

I hope that this isn't somebody's sick joke.  A UCS Cloud City is my #1 want from Star Wars.  My biggest worry is that with the regeneration of 10188, that there won't be room for another big playset.  The $400 type version, not the crappy AoH type.  Another 10123 Cloud City would be a bit of a bummer, but a 10188 style would be ???

5 hours ago, Shewie said:

hi buddy :)
s-l500.jpg

Haha, well in this case I can understand, as they were going off of what they knew prior to the movie coming out. This was in the movie at one point. It would be weirder to do it to me AFTER seeing the movie when it's not really a key part of the story. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

I hope that this isn't somebody's sick joke.  A UCS Cloud City is my #1 want from Star Wars.  My biggest worry is that with the regeneration of 10188, that there won't be room for another big playset.  The $400 type version, not the crappy AoH type.  Another 10123 Cloud City would be a bit of a bummer, but a 10188 style would be 1f525.png1f525.png1f525.png

I hope if they come out with another UCS playset, i'm in favor of the next one being a jedi council set from the prequels.  The prequels need something, and that set would be pretty cool, if they supplied it with 10 jedi minifigures, episode 3 Palpatine in his robe, and some young padwans.  If they are going to head down thew new movie route, then Maz's castle or a star killer base type set would be the next best treatment..

9 hours ago, mudcatsfan said:

The bounty hunter pack is interesting. I'm curious how much they improve upon the figure set from the 10221 SSD. Love the 4LOM, but bummed there's no Zuckuss considering Dengar is available elsewhere currently.

I also think it will be a slow seller long term in that it's doesn't inspire multiple purchases. Surprised that they went with unique characters vs Army Builders.

Love your idea of the Cantina packs. The upside for Lego there, is that you WOULD want multiple Hammer Heads, or Duros, etc. As you can mix and match and create more aliens.

I suppose you could with the bounty hunter set too........ but they're a bit more uniquely identifiable.

Also, which 4LOM did they pick, the one we grew up with, or after they changed the names?

I personally will invest in the bounty hunter battle pack.  While Dengar was in the freemakers set, he's not made very often.  Bossk and 4lom are also figures that don't come out very often either, and if Ig88 has a printed head, it will make it worth investing in.  That set will be very iconic, plus it's OT based - which have proven to be gold.  Although, the Death Star Troopers is one that hasn't appreciated very much, so you never know.

• Like 2