Star Wars 2017

fossilrock

Star Wars: Winter Wave sets.

LEGO Star Wars 75176 - €39.99 - (£29.99, $29.99) - Resistance Transport Pod
LEGO Star Wars 75177 - €59.99 - (£54.99, $49.99) - First Order Heavy Scout Walker
LEGO Star Wars 75179 - €79.99 - (£74.99, $79.99) - Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter
LEGO Star Wars 75187 - €99.99 - (£84.99, $99.99) - UCS BB-8
LEGO Star Wars 75188 - €109.99 - (£99.99, $109.99) - Resistance Bomber
LEGO Star Wars 75189 - €139.99 - (£129.99, $149.99)  - Heavy Assault Walker
LEGO Star Wars 75190 - €149.99 - (£139.99, $159.99)  -The Finalizer : First Order Star Destroyer

LEGO Star Wars 75526 - €19.99 - (£14.99, $19.99)  - Elite TIE Fighter Pilot
LEGO Star Wars 75528 - €24.99 - (£19.99, $24.99) - Rey
LEGO Star Wars 75529 - €24.99 - (£19.99, $24.99) - Elite Praetorian Guard
LEGO Star Wars 75530 - €34.99 - (£29.99, $34.99) - Chewbacca

Edited by jaisonline
updated w/ more info
  • Like 4

• 7 months later...
42 minutes ago, gregpj said:

No problem... it's one of the exceptions to pluralizing words ending in the letter o because the "company name" is LEGO and the product is "bricks" and not really LEGO. ;) 

Something like that is a conceit of the corporation. It's a lot like insisting that everyone refer to Oreo brand cookies instead of Oreos or Band-Aid brand adhesive bandages instead of Band-Aids. Many people just take shortcuts in speech, For the majority of people, they simply don't care about the exact name of a thing when the pluralization of the brand name is recognizable enough for common conversations. Plus, it saves time and most people will trade proper for expedient. When I write an article, I always attempt to call them LEGO pieces, bricks, sets, etc but when I am asking my kids for the 10,000th time to clean up their mess, I tell them to clean up their LEGOs.

• Like 9

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 5:01 PM, Mhd747 said:

If "Duel of the Fates" is done well, it will be the winner from this release. I loved the lightsaber scene in Ep 1 when darth maul killed qui-gon jinn, Liam neeson was a great actor and was sad to see him die as he was one of the positives from ep 1

I agree.  That's the one set of all of them that seems to stand out.  Granted, that will depreciate the TRU exclusives, the Darth Maul Sith Infiltrator and the MTT.  They are just heading out of the retirement gates, and their value might not take off very well with that set on the horizon.

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 5:21 PM, Haay said:

A new Y-Wing!

Well, that's good information.  Seems like they are following the same set release pattern as last year.  4 of those small sets around 24.99, a ship based off the new movie (like leia's ship from last year), and a bunker set (similar to battle of takodana) and a few battle packs.  I'm sure next years set lists will be similar.

I've already blown out all my x-wings, and y-wings from 2012, so I could care less at this point what happens to the appreciation of those older sets.   

On 7/29/2016 at 8:42 AM, fossilrock said:

This is the first rumor i've seen related to the January 1st winter wave of 2017.

Sounds like a Yoda's Hut, the UCS Snowspeeder, and a new round of microfighters series 4, and a few Rogue One battlepacks are on the way..

It sounds like the following could happen. 

• 75144 UCS Snowspeeder
  • Yoda's Hutt
  • 75160 (rebel pilot), 75161 (tie pilot), 75162 (rebel pilot), 75163 (Imperial Officer) 
  • 75164 Rogue One Rebel Battle Pack
  • 75165 Rogue One Imperial Battle Pack
  • 75166 Set with R2D2, and Yoda
  • 75169 (possible landspeeder or could be Tusken Raider Attack themed set) has Luke, Obi-Wan, 3PO, and Tusken Raider
  • 75170 (rebels set with Chopper, Kanan, Thrawn)
  • 75171 Rogue One set with 3 minis (AT-AT's might be safe for a while!)
  • 75272 Rebels set
  • 75173 (sounds like a jedi final duel type set) with Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Maul
  • 75174 Desert Skiff with Han, Chewie, Fett, Weequay
  • 75179 Set with Lando, Rebel Pilot, Crewman

http://www.bouwsteentjes.info/gerucht-eerste-details-van-de-lego-star-wars-2017-sets/

So this is the updated list, as more has come to light over the last few months...  Overall, this is better than last year's january wave, IMO.  I like most of the rogue one options and probably will end up buying at least 1 of every set...  Investment wise, I like the Rogue One battlepack, and Duel of the Fates the best, followed by the y-wing, and phantom.

• 75144 UCS Snowspeeder
  • 75160 U-wing (not confirmed)
  • 75161 Tie Striker with Tie Fighter Pilot
  • 75162 Y-wing with Rebel Pilot (Not Confirmed)
  • 75163 Krennic's Imperial Shuttle with Imperial Officer
  • 75164 Rogue One Rebel Battle Pack with 4 rebel soldiers
  • 75165 Rogue One Imperial Battle Pack with 2 stormtroopers, and 2 death troopers
  • 75168 Yoda's Jedi Starfighter (with Yoda, and R2D2) - supposedly from season 3 of Rebels TV show
  • 75169 Landspeeder (A New Hope) - Set has Luke, Obi-Wan, 3PO, and Tusken Raider
  • 75170 Phantom - Rebels TV set that has Chopper, Kanan, Thrawn
  • 75171 Bunker Battle - Rogue One set with 3 minis (Cassian Andor, Saw Gerrera???, 2 Shore Troopers)
  • 75272 Y-wing Fighter - Rogue One set with Y-wing Pilot, Moroff, rebel trooper)
  • 75173 Duel of the Fates $29.99 - The Phantom Menace set based on the fight scene, and has Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Maul
  • 75174 Desert Skiff - with Han, Chewie, Fett, Weequay
  • 75179 (not confirmed but supposedly based on Return of the Jedi set) Set with Lando, Rebel Pilot, Crewman
  • Battle Build Figures (75523 - Shore Trooper, 75524 - Chirrut Imwe, 75525 - Baze Malbus)

I'm happy to see a Y-Wing again. I know, these things are inevitable and clobber long-term holds for investors. As a builder, though, I was about to bricklink a 9495. 

34 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

• 75168 Yoda's Jedi Starfighter (with Yoda, and R2D2) - supposedly from season 3 of Rebels TV show

I thought that was season 6 of the Clone Wars... just the last three episodes when he follows Qui Gon's voice. 

Edited by biking_tiger

3 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

I'm happy to see a Y-Wing again. I know, these things are inevitable and clobber long-term holds for investors. As a builder, though, I was about to bricklink a 9495. 

I held onto a 9495 for myself, now I might consider offloading it.  Hmmm, there's always the fear of an inferior set.

• Like 1

I just offloaded the last of my 2012 MIB sets, and only have one lonely 9493 Droid Escape left, which i'm tossing in my long long term star wars box.  My son has an opened copy of most of the 2012 wave sets, and the only one we never obtained was the TRU exclusive - Palpatine's arrest (which looking back is probably the best long term set to hold as they may never refresh that one)..  But it's looking like it's the 5 year refresh time on most of those.  They already did Droid Escape, while the Desert Skiff and Gold Leader's Y-wing are getting refreshed in January.  The only thing that hasn't been done is a red 5 style x-wing, and OT tie fighter, which i'm sure will eventually be remade in that scale.  Jabba's Palace I think will also get made..  So, the cycle is repeating. 

2 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

I just offloaded the last of my 2012 MIB sets, and only have one lonely 9493 Droid Escape left, which i'm tossing in my long long term star wars box.  My son has an opened copy of most of the 2012 wave sets, and the only one we never obtained was the TRU exclusive - Palpatine's arrest (which looking back is probably the best long term set to hold as they may never refresh that one)..  But it's looking like it's the 5 year refresh time on most of those.  They already did Droid Escape, while the Desert Skiff and Gold Leader's Y-wing are getting refreshed in January.  The only thing that hasn't been done is a red 5 style x-wing, and OT tie fighter, which i'm sure will eventually be remade in that scale.  Jabba's Palace I think will also get made..  So, the cycle is repeating. 

It's nice to know some things are predictable. I can work with predictable. 

5 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

It's nice to know some things are predictable. I can work with predictable. 

I think so.  There's a typical 3 to 4 year repeat pattern.  So, I suspect we could see a revamp of the Jabba theme very soon.  With the Han Solo movie on the horizon in May 2018, i'd suspect Jabba will be in the movie. 

Looking at 2013 movie sets - we have Rancor Pit, A-wing, Republic Gunship, Corporate Alliance Tank Droid, Jabba's Sail Barge, Republic Gunship, Duel on Geonosis, and AT-TE. 

I'd almost hedge that the Jabba themes are going to be refreshed, so Jabba's Palace, Rancor Pit, and Sail Barge could see a refresh.  I'm tempted to just sell off a majority of my jabba sets over the next year before they announce them. 

I think the original AT-TE is safe from a refresh for a while, since the Rebels set from this summer kind of hit that one.  The A-wing is probably safe too.  The Corporate Alliance Tank Droid could be redone to fit with the Kashyyyk theme.. 

As for the 2013 Republic Gunship... Gosh, i'm still sitting on a few of these.. .and this is one set might be given a refresh or might not just because of everything else going on right now.  I still like this set and think it sees over 350.00 returns next year if no refresh occurs.  If they do refresh it with Utapau Episode 3 clones, well that could lower the price of the Attack of the Clones version, but I really think the Attack of the Clones version is the best one out there, and the minifigure selection is perhaps the best of all the prequel sets.  The only other prequel sets so far on par with it is the 2007 MTT...   But, it remains a challenge...  To sell this holiday season, or to wait it out a little longer.

55 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I held onto a 9495 for myself, now I might consider offloading it.  Hmmm, there's always the fear of an inferior set.

Funny.  I'm in a similar situation.  I bought one of the super packs featuring 9495. Originally as a personal build but then thought hold for a while.  Now i really can't make my mind up.  Hold,Flip or build.

75160 Microfighters: U-Wing

75161 Microfighters: TIE Striker

75162 Microfighers: Y-Wing 

75163 Microfighters: Krennic's Shuttle

75164 Hero Trooper Battlepack

75165 Empire Battlepack

75168 Yoda's Starfighter

75169 Obi Wan vs. Maul 

75170 New Phantom

75171 Bunker Battle

75172 Y-Wing

75173 Luke's Landspeeder