Star Wars 2017

fossilrock

Star Wars: Winter Wave sets.

LEGO Star Wars 75176 - €39.99 - (£29.99, $29.99) - Resistance Transport Pod
LEGO Star Wars 75177 - €59.99 - (£54.99, $49.99) - First Order Heavy Scout Walker
LEGO Star Wars 75179 - €79.99 - (£74.99, $79.99) - Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter
LEGO Star Wars 75187 - €99.99 - (£84.99, $99.99) - UCS BB-8
LEGO Star Wars 75188 - €109.99 - (£99.99, $109.99) - Resistance Bomber
LEGO Star Wars 75189 - €139.99 - (£129.99, $149.99)  - Heavy Assault Walker
LEGO Star Wars 75190 - €149.99 - (£139.99, $159.99)  -The Finalizer : First Order Star Destroyer

LEGO Star Wars 75526 - €19.99 - (£14.99, $19.99)  - Elite TIE Fighter Pilot
LEGO Star Wars 75528 - €24.99 - (£19.99, $24.99) - Rey
LEGO Star Wars 75529 - €24.99 - (£19.99, $24.99) - Elite Praetorian Guard
LEGO Star Wars 75530 - €34.99 - (£29.99, $34.99) - Chewbacca

Edited by jaisonline
updated w/ more info
  • Like 4

• 6 months later...

List of summer 2017 sets. 11 set numbers are missing so I expect these will be Ep 8 and OT remakes that are being kept confidential. One has to imagine ISD/SSD/ AT AT and the usual suspects plus some entirely new ones.

• 75166 Battle Pack (Episodes IV-VII) - 15 €
  • 75167 Battle Pack (Episodes IV-VII) - 15 €
  • 75178 Quadjumper (Star Wars The Force Awakens) - 60 €
  • 75179 Rebel Hangar
  • 75180 The [Guavian] Death Gang (Star Wars The Force Awakens) - 80 €
  • 75182 Imperial Hovertank (?) - 30 €
  • 75183 Darth Vader Transformation (Episode III : Revenge of the Sith) - 30 €
  • 75184 LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar 2017 - 30 € (?)
  • 75185 The Freemaker Adventures - 70 €
  • 75186 The Freemaker Adventures - 90 €
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Val-E said:
  • 75179 Rebel Hangar

I'm curious about this one. I'm hoping it will be like an actual building, but that would probably be too expensive. Maybe something like 7754 Home One? There are not enough SW buildings anyway. A hangar is pretty bland without ships though.

13 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

I'm curious about this one. I'm hoping it will be like an actual building, but that would probably be too expensive. Maybe something like 7754 Home One? There are not enough SW buildings anyway. A hangar is pretty bland without ships though.

Guess the 2 X Wings are going to stick around then - either that or it´s to Microfighter scale.

24 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

Unless its a Yavin 4 type layout that you can park the up-coming Y-wing in or a resistance x-wing if you're not too fussed about continuity.  
I would have expected them to be promoting at least one 40th anniversary D2C set.  No word on the UCS sets coming though I take it (and if snow speeder is confirmed now and not just a code name)?

Q1 sets:

• 75123 Shore trooper figure

• 75124 Chirrut figure

• 75125 Baze Malbus figure

• 75160 Micro U wing(rebel pilot)

• 75161 Micro Tie (tie pilot), 

• 75162 Micro Y (rebel pilot), 

• 75163 Micro Krennic (Imperial Officer) 

• 75164 Rogue One Rebel Battle Pack

• 75165 Rogue One Imperial Battle Pack

• Q2 Sets

• 75166 Battle Pack (Episodes IV-VII) - 15 € Set with R2D2, and Yoda

• 75167 Battle Pack (Episodes IV-VII) - 15 €

• 75168 Yoda Starfighter
  • 75169 Duel on Naboo has Luke, Obi-Wan, 3PO, and Tusken Raider
  • 75170 The Phantom (rebels set with Chopper, Kanan, Thrawn)
  • 75171 Rogue One Bunker Battle set with 3 minis (AT-AT's might be safe for a while!)
  • 75172 Rogue One Y wing
  • 75173 Luke´s Landspeeder
  • 75174 Desert Skiff with Han, Chewie, Fett, Weequay
  • 75175 TBC (d2C)?
  • 75176 TBC (D2C)?
  • 75177 TBC (D2c)?
  • 75178 Quadjumper (Star Wars The Force Awakens) - 60 €
  • 75179 Rebel Hangar Set with Lando, Rebel Pilot, Crewman
  • 75180 The [Guavian] Death Gang (Star Wars The Force Awakens) - 80 €
  • 75182 Imperial Hovertank (?) - 30 €
  • 75183 Darth Vader Transformation (Episode III : Revenge of the Sith) - 30 €
  • 75184 LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar 2017 - 30 € (?)
  • 75185 The Freemaker Adventures - 70 €
  • 75186 The Freemaker Adventures - 90 €
  • 75187 - 75192 Q3 sets.

Added the previously leaked set names too. 4 numbers still missing.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 3

Next year is a bit lackluster, but I suspected it would be leading up to Episode 8.  Only one set sticks out to me, and that's the Guavian Death Gang set.

Hopefully the Guavian Death Gang set comes with that Rathtar..  And i'm sure it would contain Bala Tik.  I'll definitely pick that one up.  While the Quadjumper looks interesting the only role it played in the film was being used as a prop to get blown to smithereens.  Not sure how interesting that is.  The rebel hanger set sounds like a rehash of 7754.

LegoTFA.jpg

It´s an investor´s dream list as, once again, AT AT, ISD R2, SSD and Red 5 appear to be safe! We´ll need to see what Exclusives they release but one would expect BB8 and Kylo Ren´s to be along at some point.

With so many summer sets, we could also go back to the previous twin tier retirements with  a block in May and in November.

Edited by Val-E

3 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

No episode 1 to 3 sets either, looks like they will become quite rare in future

TLG can be  stubborn (see Bionicle) but they know where the money is. Darth transformation is an Ep3 set but with so many new films out the have plenty of new stuff to release. Great news for those of us who held.

Edited by Val-E

12 minutes ago, Val-E said:

It´s an investor´s dream list as, once again, AT AT, ISD R2, SSD and Red 5 appear to be safe! We´ll need to see what Exclusives they release but one would expect BB8 and Kylo Ren´s to be along at some point.

With so many summer sets, we could also go back to the previous twin tier retirements with  a block in May and in November.

Well, looks like there are a few exclusives.  In theory, an AT-ACT could be a TRU exclusive.  You never know. But I agree.  I'm really debating what I want to do with my remaining AT-AT's and ISD's, especially now that winter is here.   Part of me says just cash out and move on..

Same here. I´m down to my last 2 of each so I´ll wait till the undercutters have burnt out and see how the situation is. If they feature in the new film, Xmas is as good a time as any as then we have another 12 months of stagnation, possible remakes and copies.

1 minute ago, Val-E said:

Same here. I´m down to my last 2 of each so I´ll wait till the undercutters have burnt out and see how the situation is. If they feature in the new film, Xmas is as good a time as any as then we have another 12 months of stagnation, possible remakes and copies.

Exactly.  How much higher are these going to go?  I mean, I look at the Republic Gunship as an example.  It's risen about 15 dollars over the last year.  I've held on to my last 2 but I just don't see them going much higher.  Same goes for the AT-AT.  I could see it rising up to around 280 or so during the peak rush of the holiday season ,but after that period it will probably drop once the holiday gate is lifted, and then it will slowly stagnate with not as much interest until next holiday season.  At that point, there's a point where you got to figure when is the best time to cut the chord.  Sure you might miss out on 15.00, maybe even 30.00, but in the end you can use that money to reinvest into something else that might net you 50% back the next year.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

That´s around 40 sets if it´s all true so we can expect quite a few retirements going forward.

Agree thats a fair number but seems in line with 2015 & 2016 (given there will also be the ep 8 sets to boot on top of those).  Does make me wonder how many of the 2015 TFA sets and 2016 sets stick around past the new year.  I don't see anything that sticks out like a flagship set so still think MF is around for another year.

But as of yet TLG is showing no broad signs of not being able to meet demand for x-mas (think it was around this time last year when they came out and said they expected shortages).

43 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Well, looks like there are a few exclusives.  In theory, an AT-ACT could be a TRU exclusive.  You never know. But I agree.  I'm really debating what I want to do with my remaining AT-AT's and ISD's, especially now that winter is here.   Part of me says just cash out and move on..

If they don't release an AT-ACT then i think they've missed a step there.  Widely advertised in all the promo stuff for RO so no reason to be surprised it features (and even if it ends up with 2 seconds screen time that's 2 seconds more then the snow speeder) and wouldn't have to change that much.  Ok its only a year since the last one but easily could slide into AoH too.  All the design work has already been done with the last version and similarly for IST.  Just update the figs!

That said I think you're right about how much higher the old versions will go.  With no alternatives apparently available I'd assume that whatever bump they get this x-mas is likely to be it for the year.  Unlikely to get this much free advertising again on your sets (thanks to rogue!).  Don't see them being in Ep 8 from what snippets I've read.

I agree, I'm surprised there aren't more Rogue One sets... The only things possibly listed is the Imperial Hovertank, which could mean they could pull a resistence x-wing, and just release the same set over again (probably just changing the color of the orange box) and change out a couple minis.    I don't believe there has been anything rumored about having a Vader related set, or even something with Saw Gerrera. 

It looks like there are six sets reserved for Episode 8... 

• 3 weeks later...

There is something to be said about the inflated prices of the new sets.

Krennic's Shuttle is discounted pretty much everywhere up to 40%. Other sets are heavily discounted as well. Current lowest prices in the EU are:

• 75153 AT-ST: 37.99€, RRP=49.99€ (-24%)
  • 75156 Krennic's Shuttle 60.79€, RRP=99.99€ (-40%)
  • 75152 Hovertank: 28.69€, RRP=39.99€ (-28%)
  • 75154 TIE Striker 44.94€, RRP=69.99€ (-35%)
  • 75155 U-Wing: 52.91€, RRP=79.99€ (-34%)

Though some of these are a bit lower than usual because of the weak GBP. The average discount is currently about 32%.

I think these are much more reasonable prices for these sets compared to the actual RRP. The sets were released about a month ago, so the market correction or whatever you want to call it, was almost instant.

2 hours ago, c_rpg said:

There is something to be said about the inflated prices of the new sets.

Krennic's Shuttle is discounted pretty much everywhere up to 40%. Other sets are heavily discounted as well. Current lowest prices in the EU are:

• 75153 AT-ST: 37.99€, RRP=49.99€ (-24%)
  • 75156 Krennic's Shuttle 60.79€, RRP=99.99€ (-40%)
  • 75152 Hovertank: 28.69€, RRP=39.99€ (-28%)
  • 75154 TIE Striker 44.94€, RRP=69.99€ (-35%)
  • 75155 U-Wing: 52.91€, RRP=79.99€ (-34%)

Though some of these are a bit lower than usual because of the weak GBP. The average discount is currently about 32%.

I think these are much more reasonable prices for these sets compared to the actual RRP. The sets were released about a month ago, so the market correction or whatever you want to call it, was almost instant.

I think that has been exacerbated by UK supermarkets being in heavy competition and worried about a bad Christmas performance and Amazon having to price match them. 

In the UK the RRP prices are comparable to similar older sets.

Krennics shuttle vs IST both £79.99

U-wing vs Poes X wing both £69.99

Tie Striker vs FO Tie Both £59.99

If anything when you look at the set sizes size by side the Rogue One Sets look better value even at RRP