71040 - Disney Castle

jaisonline

2 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Anyone have any nice display pics or ideas for this set. I was thinking possibly a lazy Susan so you can see both sides or a 3 foot tall glass display case. Still not liking my current option as you don't get to enjoy the entire piece of art work. 

2 hours ago, brickcrazyhouse said:

Turntable?

Screenshot from 2017-01-17 22-36-14.png

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

It's hard to believe there are a 110 sellers on Amazon for this already.

I think a lot of people bet on an xmas shortage. Never happened and now stuck with it. 

I was thinking the same. Bought a pair on douple vip. The first one I got early and did well. The second was break even, only profiting with vip points and advent promo. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, marcandre said:

I think a lot of people bet on an xmas shortage. Never happened and now stuck with it. 

This was me.  So what happened?  Santa brought it on Dec. 25, a gift to "Mom and Dad".  We've been slowly building it, 30 minutes here, an hour there.  And the kids really like it.  Even got the wife, who was very "whatever" about the gift, to enjoy building for a while. 

And when we're done, disassemble, bag up, and sell used.  Hopefully recover most of the cost, and still get some family time out of it.

By the way, some pretty cool build concepts, and we're only through bag 3 of 13.

• 1 month later...

You know what? I'm tempted to pick up a couple of these if there's a reasonable discount. I'm not expecting it to retire any time soon but I have a young niece and if it hasn't gone up astronomicaly in price by the time she may like it, it's for her with my absolute pleasure. It's a great set. I'm sure most would agree that it's just about trying to get it at a really good discount if possible for re-selling purposes. Really nice set.

Edited by BarryZola

On 20/02/2017 at 2:25 AM, wolfenn said:

i can get this set for 280 euro do you think it is worth to get it as an investment ? Or is it way to early even at 20 % off ?

wish I could get it at 20% off for €280 ! In The Netherlands even a 2nd hand built once set is offered for €300 and NISB are offered at minimum €340.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So after last week's sale at the Disneystore.com, the Disney castle has now disappeared from the site. Anyone been to the park recently, does main street store still have stock of this? If Disney is stopping its selling of this set, perhaps it is not as long for production as originally thought.

So after last week's sale at the Disneystore.com, the Disney castle has now disappeared from the site. If Disney is stopping its selling of this set, perhaps it is not as long for production as originally thought.

Disney & other sites do this often. It is not done.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AntimonyER said:

So after last week's sale at the Disneystore.com, the Disney castle has now disappeared from the site. Anyone been to the park recently, does main street store still have stock of this? If Disney is stopping its selling of this set, perhaps it is not as long for production as originally thought.

how much was it while on sale?