71040 - Disney Castle

could be numerous things on a set that size.  Box, inner package contents,  or actual pieces.   The box quality is a lot worse so maybe lighter.  Since the change about 80% are damaged towards the top straight out of the case.    It was never a great quality box to begin with though with the way the weight was and most always had some sort of box flaw.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dennugsmello said:

I noticed this product removed from shop Disney, when it was available a month or so back. Is this a common thing? I was looking to buy this set with a gift card and cannot seem to find the product listed anymore.

They do that when an item has been oos for the few days . It should be back 

On 3/24/2018 at 9:14 AM, jay4e said:

could also be the switch to more sustainable plastics. only a small number of parts are being converted right now but it could make a difference on big sets.

How wide spread is LEGO's conversion to "sustainable" parts?  I thought it was just the shrubbery sets that were getting this treatment right now.

Edited by exracer327

RUMOR - Apparently there is a 2019 D2C set for release under the Disney guise - 71044. I wonder what this could be...this would also align with the Disney Minifig Series 2 that should come out in 2019.

That being said, is now the time to buy the DC, not sure how long Lego can keep two D2C castles in inventory...with DC and HC and two competing Mega franchises.

Edited by CosmicSpeed