71040 - Disney Castle

jaisonline

It's the internet. It's to be expected. Kids expect it. Parents expect it and protect their computers if they care... it's normal. I don't see the need to protect them from words. They hear it at school on the playground, during sports... Don't get what the big deal is and why some people feel it's their responsibility "to protect the little minds". Swear words were pretty common place in my family growing up, they're just colourful adjectives that can really help drive a point. Not sure I'll ever get it. : shrug : 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, midbenne said:

At least we got off the multiple Tie Fighter threads for a hot sec...and DAMN that Castle is NASTY! Can't wait till my 6 year old can buy one himself when he's sixteen in 2026. 

Im sure that......none of us Have details yet. 

Edited by Lordoflego

4 minutes ago, weitzel78 said:

Will this set include minifigs? If so will they be the same as the Disney series one - mickey, minnie, daffy, donald, tinker bell?

Looks like Donald and Daisy could be the same, but the Mickey, Tinker Bell, and Minnie look "exclusive"..

Why are parts of the castle tan instead of white.? its is a jarring contrast especially with the real castle being white right behind it in the one picture.  While it looks excellent otherwise, this seems like a poor aesthetic choice by the designer that really detracts from what could have been an all-time great set.

2 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

It's the internet. It's to be expected. Kids expect it. Parents expect it and protect their computers if they care... it's normal. I don't see the need to protect them from words. They hear it at school on the playground, during sports... Don't get what the big deal is and why some people feel it's their responsibility "to protect the little minds". Swear words were pretty common place in my family growing up, they're just colourful adjectives that can really help drive a point. Not sure I'll ever get it. : shrug : 

LOL...True...I have a gutter mouth and so does my F'n six year old son.  My wife gets mad at us everyday.  We shock Uncle Jeff all the time.  As long as he is good in school and does his work, who friggin' cares?   

2 minutes ago, Cbenioff said:

Why are parts of the castle tan instead of white.? its is a jarring contrast especially with the real castle being white right behind it in the one picture.  While it looks excellent otherwise, this seems like a poor aesthetic choice by the designer that really detracts from what could have been an all-time great set.

I thought the same until you look at the real castle and notice it is a light tan or beige with white trim.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Cbenioff said:

Lego has a fascination this year with tan. The remake will be with white...

Edited by dcdfan

37 minutes ago, Will 4 said:

You mean it will actually retire?

I really doubt it, unless Disney and LEGO part ways.  Why would they retire this set when the could put it in dozens (maybe hundreds) of souvenir shops throughout DisneyWorld and DisneyLand and sell them to rich visitors?  It may never retire.  It could make a wonderful display and be one of the best selling Tchotchkes ever sold by Disney.  

• Like 1

Maybe the pics I've seen over on reddit aren't doing full justice.... but I'm a bit underwhelmed to be honest. I thought it was going to be BIG. For a $400 USD pricepoint, I feel like the completed build wouldn't feel satisfying for the price paid. This is the first exclusive set (besides that recent "UCS" set of course) that I've had these sentiments towards. Feels strange to me. Maybe I just need more pics.  

5 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

Maybe the pics I've seen over on reddit aren't doing full justice.... but I'm a bit underwhelmed to be honest. I thought it was going to be BIG. For a $400 USD pricepoint, I feel like the completed build wouldn't feel satisfying for the price paid. This is the first exclusive set (besides that recent "UCS" set of course) that I've had these sentiments towards. Feels strange to me. Maybe I just need more pics.  

Just a clarification, the site said it was at $350.

I guess that makes it marginally better for the value in my eyes. Still need at least 2 copies + extra parts to make something jaw dropping though. I'm spoiled by that MOCs thread I think, some AFOL interpretations on this have been utterly impressive, and currently I don't think this meets those expectations I'd somehow set up for myself. Foolish I know. :) Meh, maybe it'll save me $350 USD. Probably not... I'll submit eventually won't I?