71040 - Disney Castle

jaisonline

could be numerous things on a set that size.  Box, inner package contents,  or actual pieces.   The box quality is a lot worse so maybe lighter.  Since the change about 80% are damaged towards the top straight out of the case.    It was never a great quality box to begin with though with the way the weight was and most always had some sort of box flaw.   

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, dennugsmello said:

I noticed this product removed from shop Disney, when it was available a month or so back. Is this a common thing? I was looking to buy this set with a gift card and cannot seem to find the product listed anymore.

They do that when an item has been oos for the few days . It should be back 

• 7 months later...
On 3/24/2018 at 9:14 AM, jay4e said:

could also be the switch to more sustainable plastics. only a small number of parts are being converted right now but it could make a difference on big sets.

How wide spread is LEGO's conversion to "sustainable" parts?  I thought it was just the shrubbery sets that were getting this treatment right now.

Edited by exracer327

RUMOR - Apparently there is a 2019 D2C set for release under the Disney guise - 71044. I wonder what this could be...this would also align with the Disney Minifig Series 2 that should come out in 2019.

That being said, is now the time to buy the DC, not sure how long Lego can keep two D2C castles in inventory...with DC and HC and two competing Mega franchises.

Edited by CosmicSpeed

• 1 year later...

Hey all - been off the forums for a while. My cousin mentioned they are trying to buy this set for a family member. I actually used to have one years ago I got rid of as I cleared my last lego inventory.

Legoshop is showing this as "Temporarily out of stock" - anyone know when this went out? I am assuming this is just due corona buying season for things like Legos and not actaully the product retiring, but would love any info here.

51 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

Hey all - been off the forums for a while. My cousin mentioned they are trying to buy this set for a family member. I actually used to have one years ago I got rid of as I cleared my last lego inventory.

Legoshop is showing this as "Temporarily out of stock" - anyone know when this went out? I am assuming this is just due corona buying season for things like Legos and not actaully the product retiring, but would love any info here.

no one knows for sure if they will be back or when

has been debated back and forth here..so yeah...no clear answers though many believe the TOOS is indeed temporary, but these are unprecedented times.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Maybe they plan to retire it for the next round  which is normally i think in may.
What retirement list are you looking at that it is not on? It is on both Brickfanatics and Stonewars lists for retiring at the end of 2022. Along with retiring soon tag on LEGO Shop at Home. Even Brickset has the retiring date as Dec 2022.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...