Jump to content

Toys"R"Us LEGO Marvel Super Heroes August Building Event: Free Captain America Mosaic

Recommended Posts

Toys"R"Us will have their latest in-store Lego building on Saturday August 27.  Like similar past events, it begins at 12PM and it's suggested to arrive early with the kids. 

Personally, it looks this build should be fun for Lego fans of all ages.

TRU.jpg

For more info inlcluding store locations, please visit the link below.
http://www.toysrus.com/shop/?categoryId=4311963

TRU's fine print : *Event intended for ages 6-up. Parental supervision required at all times for minors. All giveaways and event materials available while supplies last and distributed to participants only. Limit one per customer. Quantities limited; no rain checks."


View full blog article

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i wonder if the toysrus ad had an error in the build.  it looks like there's 1 extra 1x1  black plate that isn't needed (chin strap).
remove that and move 1 red and 1 tan 1x1 plate over, it looks better.

 

 

my mod = moc.jpg

 

original pic = mo1c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jaisonline said:

i wonder if the toysrus ad had an error in the build.  it looks like there's 1 extra 1x1  black plate that isn't needed (chin strap).
remove that and move 1 red and 1 tan 1x1 plate over, it looks better.

Your mod is what I was thinking about upon first seeing this as everything else is symmetrical except for the chin area which struck me as odd. I guess now though he appears to have more of a goatee. Ha.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheOrcKing said:

Your mod is what I was thinking about upon first seeing this as everything else is symmetrical except for the chin area which struck me as odd. I guess now though he appears to have more of a goatee. Ha.

no idea, why the strip wasn't in brown or blue??? come on lego !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheOrcKing said:

Your mod is what I was thinking about upon first seeing this as everything else is symmetrical except for the chin area which struck me as odd. I guess now though he appears to have more of a goatee. Ha.

Why does it have to be symmetrical?  Maybe that is what Capt looks like after IronMan lands an uppercut... :D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Why does it have to be symmetrical?  Maybe that is what Capt looks like after IronMan lands an uppercut... :D

Yeah, I can imagine what that sort of punishment could do.
1e6b7b191708eaba5cc5ff0defe176b82f16a7f3

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jaisonline said:

Yeah, my kids are pumped. 

I'm pumped about creating their chin strap error :)

Again, who said that was an error? Actually, who said that was a chinstrap?  Maybe Capt just did not finish shaving when the emergency alarm was blaring at the Avengers HQ this morning :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In case you missed the "Make and Take" event at Toys R Us this past Saturday from 12 to 2, here's a video I quickly threw together.  I'm very please with this free build.  I was thinking it was going to make made of lego plates.  The whole thing, minus the base plate, was made of standard bricks and the white plate, I believe, is a hard to find plate.

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On August 25, 2016 at 11:24 AM, Darth_Raichu said:

Again, who said that was an error? Actually, who said that was a chinstrap?  Maybe Capt just did not finish shaving when the emergency alarm was blaring at the Avengers HQ this morning :D

Hey now.  Must have been an error since Lego corrected it in the instructions.

Furthermore, I must be the only blogger (if I even qualify as one) to write an article about this TRU event, take my kids to it and discover at home I missed 3 sets of bricks for each kid.  Only had enough light tan bricks in the spare bin to complete 1.  D'oh.  There wasn't enough room at my local TRU for the kids to build there..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to everyone for sharing this event!  My kids and I were at this TRU event yesterday and I decided to have them build their sets right there at the store.  So glad I did this because my son missed four 1 x 2 red bricks and I avoided so much anguish.  Dad of the year material?  No!  I have learned the hard way about missing pieces. :(  They picked their own bricks out (I so could have been President Business!) and I give TRU credit for having things so orderly with each box labeled with the number of pieces to take. 

Edited by LegoWalker4
typo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ufema love the ending of that vid. I thought the white 8x8 plate was rare too but looks like it goes for $1.50 New here in the USA on BL. 

I substituted the 1x4 tan with 1x3 tan and a 1x1 red, didn't like the big ear look. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jaisonline said:

Hey now.  Must have been an error since Lego corrected it in the instructions.

Furthermore, I must be the only blogger (if I even qualify as one) to write an article about this TRU event, take my kids to it and discover at home I missed 3 sets of bricks for each kid.  Only had enough light tan bricks in the spare bin to complete 1.  D'oh.  There wasn't enough room at my local TRU for the kids to build there..

Mine just find a space on the floor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...