Ideas #014: 21307 - Caterham Seven 620R

dcdfan

Hmmmm this or the VW Beete as my Christmas build.

As an investment set in theory this one will be round for a shorter time period than the Mini, & VW Beetle as it's an Ideas set.

At ~80 it's quite highly priced and UK price yet to be announced. With recent exchange rate movements I suspect it could be £75-80 rather than the expected £69.99.

Brickset just posted an article about it...

http://brickset.com/article/23536/21307-caterham-seven-620r-revealed

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
55 minutes ago, CNH1974 said:

Hmmmm this or the VW Beete as my Christmas build.

As an investment set in theory this one will be round for a shorter time period than the Mini, & VW Beetle as it's an Ideas set.

At ~80 it's quite highly priced and UK price yet to be announced. With recent exchange rate movements I suspect it could be £75-80 rather than the expected £69.99.

Brickset just posted an article about it...

http://brickset.com/article/23536/21307-caterham-seven-620r-revealed

I agree, Ideas sets don't seem to hang around that long. I'll be getting one regardless as it's an amazing car to drive (Thruxton track day!) and have always been a fan of modern "vintage" cars like this and the Morgan. I just hope that the RRP is no higher than £69.99. Assuming that there's printing rather than stickers on the production set, it will be worth little more.

Edited by TabbyBoy

14 minutes ago, CNH1974 said:

After Tesco has edged their prices on a number of sets to 10% above RRP I would not be surprised if Lego priced this one higher in the UK.

Which model of Caterham is the 620? I assume that's the top of the range 600hp model. 
You can buy "sensible" Caterhams with normal 2Litre engines.

Who in their "right mind" is going to buy a sensible Caterham? If someone wants a Sensible car they'll buy a ford or renault. If you want to buy a caterham, then it usually conjures ideas of getting tail happy in corners or driving topless in the rain. You can also buy to build your own.... What is so sensible about caterham????????

Loads of Horse Power in a go-kart!!!

487999_756443321037743_149779711_n.jpg

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
6 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Anyone who's driven any Caterham knows there's no such thing as a sensible Caterham. Even the pov spec one with 90bhp will kill you if you don't treat it with respect. 

The 620 means 620Bhp/Ton

Yes, scarier than the Lambo LP670-4SV that I drove the same day (the actual one that Hamster drove in Abu Dhabi on Top Gear). Then again any car will kill you if not treated with respect.

BTW... If Tesco lop 30% off this like they've done with Dr Who, I could be tempted to buy an insane amount during the next clubcard promotion. I've just done the weekly shopping with my last 30,000 points so have a clean slate for the quarter running up to Xmas ;-)

Edited by TabbyBoy

18 hours ago, CrabslayerT said:
Who in their "right mind" is going to buy a sensible Caterham? If someone wants a Sensible car they'll buy a ford or renault. If you want to buy a caterham, then it usually conjures ideas of getting tail happy in corners or driving topless in the rain. You can also buy to build your own.... What is so sensible about caterham????????

Loads of Horse Power in a go-kart!!!

Someone who wears a Flat Cap and likes to do hill climbs. No point in having 600hp if you can't put it down in the corners. :)

I've seen a Caterham, with a 1.6 100hp. skinny tyres. Loads of fun.

From brickset:

Carl’s only real regret was that steering, which was included in his original design, didn’t make it into the final model. This was because it would have made the model too fragile to pass LEGO quality review, and therefore had to be left out. Carl said that the first thing he’d do after building the official set was modify it to include steering!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, brickinfinite said:

Wow, pics are horrible quality, at least on my tablet photos look bad.

TRU on eBay has it for $80 already also.

if TRU.com keeps it at $80 till Bricktober minifig packs are offered, with recent 20%off TRU coupons, it can be bought for some $50 depending on how much you can get for selling the minifig pack.

Edited by Lordoflego
  • Like 1

On 15/09/2016 at 5:52 PM, CNH1974 said:

Someone who wears a Flat Cap and likes to do hill climbs. No point in having 600hp if you can't put it down in the corners. :)

I've seen a Caterham, with a 1.6 100hp. skinny tyres. Loads of fun.

Agreed; but I was trying to pòint out that there´s no such thing as a sensible Caterham. Maybe I ramble too much......

• Like 1