Ideas #014: 21307 - Caterham Seven 620R

dcdfan

• 7 months later...
20 minutes ago, cladner said:

still selling below msrp on amazon.  what a turd.

This was one set which was bound to do better in UK than US due to the car being more well known here. Whilst it isnt performing amazing, RRP was £80, discounted to £55 in the boxing day sale 2 years ago (£55) now selling on ebay for minimum of £115.

8 minutes ago, Voltron86 said:

This was one set which was bound to do better in UK than US due to the car being more well known here. Whilst it isnt performing amazing, RRP was £80, discounted to £55 in the boxing day sale 2 years ago (£55) now selling on ebay for minimum of £115.

So that means MSRP +44% two years after EOL. Doesn't sound that good for UK either.

Edited by Frank Brickowski
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Frank Brickowski said:

So that means MSRP +44% two years after EOL. Doesn't sound that good for UK either.

I´ll take that any day over Adventure Time and predict Voltron won´t get neat that appreciation in the same time frame. Yellow Sub was the one to go for that year.

3 hours ago, cladner said:

still selling below msrp on amazon.  what a turd.

It was $100 before the great Christmas Seller Rush of 2019 which dropped prices on a lot of listings. It'll climb back up to ~$100 soon. Still not a brilliant return by any stretch of the imagination. I might part mine out instead of selling them.

5 hours ago, Val-E said:

I´ll take that any day over Adventure Time and predict Voltron won´t get neat that appreciation in the same time frame. Yellow Sub was the one to go for that year.

This year's ideas Retired sets are a really tough bunch to chose from...

2 hours ago, ZULU said:

This year's ideas Retired sets are a really tough bunch to chose from...

Ship in a Bottle seems to be doing alright. Up to £90 here already (RRP £70) on eBay despite being available for 30% off in the Black Friday sale. Three of those and a Christmas tree promo (plus double VIP) were £146.97, and they didn't seem to sell out that quickly.

5 hours ago, Captain_chaos said:

Ship in a Bottle seems to be doing alright. Up to £90 here already (RRP £70) on eBay despite being available for 30% off in the Black Friday sale. Three of those and a Christmas tree promo (plus double VIP) were £146.97, and they didn't seem to sell out that quickly.

I'm really deep on 21313. Seems to do well in the US & UK, but here it's still about 15% of RRP on eBay... I really hope it picks up...