71018 - Minifigures - Series 17

loki221978

1 minute ago, SageFly said:

I checked in at my local walmart and the toy manager said there's a lock in their POS system that won't allow them to go through until May 1? Needless to say, he wouldn't let any go early.

Were they out on the shelf but not going through at checkout or was the manager just implying they were being held in back until then?

1 minute ago, kris_1973 said:

Were they out on the shelf but not going through at checkout or was the manager just implying they were being held in back until then?

Just being held back until then. They weren't out, but he's pulled stuff from the back for me before (not early release, just clearance items and items not on the shelves) so I thought I would give it a shot.

Just now, SageFly said:

Just being held back until then. They weren't out, but he's pulled stuff from the back for me before (not early release, just clearance items and items not on the shelves) so I thought I would give it a shot.

Good to know, thanks for the info.  My local WM rarely gets these at all (rural community) but I wish you happy hunting at other stores... or at least know they are at that specific store so you can make a run on 5/01 and smoosh out a set for yourself at least. :)

2 minutes ago, kris_1973 said:

Good to know, thanks for the info.  My local WM rarely gets these at all (rural community) but I wish you happy hunting at other stores... or at least know they are at that specific store so you can make a run on 5/01 and smoosh out a set for yourself at least. :)

Corn cobs and rockets for me! :)

• Like 1

Nearly every Walmart near me has exactly 120 in stock (the closest one actually has 240).  Those even numbers (divisible by Qty 60 per box right?)  suggest the cartons are still sitting in back waiting to be put out.  Once I start start seeing inventory move (Qty decrease, even slightly) I'll head in and check it out.

Found a box at Walmart. Picked out 16... didn't have time to recheck all of them.. ended up with 15.. missed the Dance Instructor (which I felt like 20 times and put back cause I swore I had grabbed it first) so guess I have to go back someday. 

• Like 1

Oh, also, what the heck? Why is the Chef of all the people the only one with a double face? And it's not even that .. "amazing" one has a grin and one has a smirk.

I'd merge my previous reply but for whatever reason we can't edit our posts :P 

Stores are starting to finally receive shipments of the new Series 17 minifigures. They still aren't supposed to be on the shelf until May 1st but in case your store puts them out early here is the UPC - 673419265614  and SKU - 170512751

20170423_030542.jpg

Found one retro space guy out of two boxes that had been rummaged through.  I'll say he looks a lot better in person than the reviews show.  My kids think he looks fat due to the round belly.  But aren't all minifigs fat?  The sand green suit and orange/yellow cape and helmet look great though:  IMG_2631.thumb.jpg.1a593d424994d871b4f125f716543979.jpg

Edited by Mathew
  • Like 8

Stop at TRU today for the end of the 15% off sale and they put these out at some point during the week. They were completely unmolested until I got there ;) 

I should have just bought a box of them, but I really hate identifying 60 bags of minifigures. I'm sure I'll do it again someday, but not today.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SageFly said:

Stop at TRU today for the end of the 15% off sale and they put these out at some point during the week. They were completely unmolested until I got there ;) 

I should have just bought a box of them, but I really hate identifying 60 bags of minifigures. I'm sure I'll do it again someday, but not today.

Awesome tip! Found a box at my TRU with the large easy ones already removed, but since I have those already from WM last week, I used the coupon to get my missing ones.