TOYS TOYS TOYS

jeff_14

Longtime readers will know of my usual contempt for this Toronto chain which seems to price all of their lego and many other toys "on sale" at 20% above the MSRP. However they just did me a huge solid today so I figured I owed them a shout out. I missed out on the Disney minifigs (apart from 3) and still needed 4 Simpsons minifigs. The location near my office still had a number of these series left at $6.99 CDN each so I normally would pass on taking a chance but just happened to ask the desk jockey if he was any good at smooshing. Turns out they have already pre-smooshed and actually printed labels on the back of each of them identifying which figure it is! So I now have all but 2 of the Disney figs and only need 2 Simpsons figs. The extra price was worth it given the security in knowing what I was getting and not having to pay to buy them online and have them shipped. Plus the dude said they still have a few more boxes to open from their warehouse so they have added the ones I need to a list and will hold them for me if they find them.

And also by luck they had a whole bunch of the Combiner Wars Transformers I needed at below MSRP, including Skylynx and Onslaught.

Nice high heading into the weekend.

I recall visiting their cramped Eaton Center store location a few times when I was still a Canadian resident. During my Dark Ages though, I think I might have been shopping for crib-toys or something :) Nice gesture on the pre-smoosh ... employees must have gotten bored at some time.

• 2 months later...

Once again this place does occasionally surprise on the positive. I guess they've decided Ninjago, Chima and Nexo are for the dogs as they were clearing out some of the larger sets of these themes this week for 40% off their inflated prices. As it turned out, there were some gems. I got a couple of long retired Epic Dragons for $85 each with tax, and they are going for twice that on Amazon. They also have the purple techno dragon for about $70 all in and I am considering whether to dabble. Also got their last space shuttle launch set for $115 all in. I have no confidence in Nexo at all, but was tempted to get the larger base sets strictly to use the pieces for some castle MOCs.

Edited by jeff_14

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, YYZ said:

So did you clear out all the good stuff?  1f602.png

Do you even have to ask? :)

Every once in a while this place delivers a diamond amongst the filth. 2 in this case. BTW, they were also selling the Menasor and Superion Transformers box sets for $100 each, which is $50 off MSRP. Some cheap Black Series 6 inch figures too (Chewie, Rey, Kylo, First Order Stormtroopers, Finn).