70006 - Cragger's Command Ship

Legodog

It appears that the entire Chima line is currently on sale at Amazon. It seems strange to me that a brand new product like this is already on sale, but who am I to question their business model. I do think there will be opportunities to get this later in the year for a better price as it was already available last month for a little less, and FWIW I too get the feeling that Chima will perform well in the secondary market.

It appears that the entire Chima line is currently on sale at Amazon. It seems strange to me that a brand new product like this is already on sale, but who am I to question their business model. I do think there will be opportunities to get this later in the year for a better price as it was already available last month for a little less, and FWIW I too get the feeling that Chima will perform well in the secondary market.

Almost every Lego set goes on sale at least 20% at some point in its life. You'll have plenty of time to pick up this set. Patience is key.

These were on sale for about $56 @ Amazon a couple weeks ago. I picked up 1. Just not sure about investing in Chima yet. What I will tell you though is I went to Walmart, TRU and Target today and every place had kids gathered around the Chima stuff. They really seem to like it.

The Target I was at a couple of days ago, they had a pretty elaborate mid-aisle display. So some of it I think is seeing the sets out of the box. Not sure if they have staying power though...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

shopko currently has this set on clearance (already!? I know, right?) for $57 and change. they also currently have an in store coupon for $10 off a $50 purchase. i hit up the four shopkos in town and found three of these. i only bought two since one had a huge shipping sticker plastered to the front of the box. total after tax came to $50.21/each on these, which equates to a 41% discount after taxes. at that price, i am willing to take a gamble on this set. it is the biggest one in the theme (until the temples come out, but this will still be the largest vehicle i believe), it has 6 pretty cool looking figs, and it's a boat! i actually came across a craigslist ad a couple months ago from a guy selling every chima set used with instructions for $175 (afol/used for display only). i snatched the lot up, but only for my kids to play with. we have this ship, and it is a pretty cool looking set. i am not a huge fan of this theme from an investment potential, but at the right price i will give it a shot. there is another shopko nearby that i plan on hitting up tonight to try and get a few more.

I ordered one for $62 shipped. My son is super excited about chima. We watched all 3 shows....multiple times. They has a commercial showing that the boat floats and you can use as bath toy.....sold. looks like a great toy......if not a traditional model.

I have Comcast. Know if there is a way for my son to watch theses 3 episodes?

I have Comcast too, but I DVRed the episodes. At one point, I did see the three episodes listed in the Cartoon Network section of On Demand, but I don't know if it's still there. I would start there if you haven't already.