LEGO Set Reissues - open speculation

As we have seen with 10249 WV Toy Shop, and the upcoming 75159 Death Star, when a set goes into retirement there is no longer any guarantee that it will be able to stay retired.  The reasons may be varied, but the facts are that there is a whole new class of Lego sets, those that are Coming Out of Retirement Soon.  Sure they might have a few new pieces, a couple of mini figures that had some work done, but for all intents and purposes its the same set.  So which is next?   My guess: 10179 with a new radar dish.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

I'd put money on a variant of 10179 being on sale within 2 years. If I'm wrong, I'll donate $50 to BP or a charity of their choice ;-)

LEGO are missing out on a lot of profit they don't resurrect 10179.

If I had 10179s in stock, I'd be getting rid of them asap! I have one left which graded 9.5 in perspex and wrapped in black-out plastic that I'll never sell.

As far as I know, the Winter Village Market and Santa's Workshop were resurrected in the UK.

Edited by TabbyBoy

Guest TabbyBoy

I did read somewhere (can't recall where) that LEGO are going to place a "LEGO Again" shop on eBay where buyers can request any retired set and LEGO will supply it within 30 days at current RRP (allowing for inflation ) in a plain box. This alone will mean it's Game Over for LEGO investing. I'll do some digging to see if I can find out more about it.

3 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I did read somewhere (can't recall where) that LEGO are going to place a "LEGO Again" shop on eBay where buyers can request any retired set and LEGO will supply it within 30 days at current RRP (allowing for inflation ) in a plain box. This alone will mean it's Game Over for LEGO investing. I'll do some digging to see if I can find out more about it.

I have thought of such a thing as well, but there would need to be a healthy premium (to make it worthwhile).

11 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

They already started. It´s called Lepin on Aliexpress.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

With the minifig sticker sheet too? If yes, they will take the secondary market has well. All of it. But i don't see them printing on demand minifigures..  it's a robot doing it, and cleaning etc everytime isnt worth it, you have to make lot. Any retired set doesnt make senses to me. 

Edited by TargetZero