LEGO Set Reissues - open speculation

1 minute ago, Captain_chaos said:

Not yet, and therein lies the rub. If TM2 doesn't actually sell all that well after the initial rush of QFLLs, will they even bother remaking other sets?

Backordered first day of release would tend to suggest that sales are good.

WTS and 75192 both did fine. DS 75159 maybe less so.

1 minute ago, Val-E said:

Backordered first day of release would tend to suggest that sales are good.

WTS and 75192 both did fine. DS 75159 maybe less so.

Of course they're good now; everyone's hoping for 75192 take 2. How it sells in a few months will be more interesting. The concern is that TLG get over-excited and release more sets before the TM truly tells its story.

Of course they're good now; everyone's hoping for 75192 take 2. How it sells in a few months will be more interesting. The concern is that TLG get over-excited and release more sets before the TM truly tells its story.

Considering the minimal costs to re-hash compared to the design/ release costs of a 5000+ piece set, I think Lego will do quite well out of TM 2.0
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, mtchrs said:

Considering the minimal costs to re-hash compared to the design/ release costs of a 5000+ piece set, I think Lego will do quite well out of TM 2.0

Yeah, the price of a few hours of photoshop box art and a brick separator are more than covered by the new RRP.

• Like 1

Stay cool - there will be 100% no identical Caffee Corner or Green Grocer remake. And as we can see from improved remakes, they don't hurt the value of the old sets to much.

Try to buy a 10129 or 10179 - you will still pay 5 times more than MSRP was.

The reason is that such not remade sets are simply the history of LEGO development and building techniques. 

TM in opposite hurts the value of the old set seriously - because it is exactly the same set (beside the two minor differences). But when we we think more about this set, tehn we came to the conclusion, that there were not much possibilities to improve it, an interior was not possible in such a small scale anyway and the design still looks fresh after 10 years...

In case of GG or CC there will be changes like an added interior which was the most missing thing for these both modulars by the fans. Beside this there can be another minor changes in the frontage of the buildings. Therefore, I am saying, no problem at all with such remakes, go ahead LEGO. 

(I am writing this despite the fact that I am owning all modulars)

Edited by mauro23

I am taking the introduction of non-standard mini-fig heads as the beginning of re-hashing the Creator Modulars. I personally do not have any but want to get the new Diner as my first BECAUSE of the heads. With the improvements to the modular designs throughout the years, I could see CC and GG being redeveloped to make them more in line with the recent sets.

On a different topic, I am betting we see at least one rehash for the 2018 line. With the Ford/Porsche/Ferrari lineup, I think there is a good chance of a reissue.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see them rehashing the modulars.  I could see them redoing modular themes.  There could be a new grocery store, or a new cinema down the line, but I doubt we ever see Green Grocer, Cafe Corner or any of the others reissued.  They will keep this theme going for a long time without needing to rehash.  Last years assembly square was a hodge podge of design looks from previous buildings.  That's more than likely how they will behave as time goes on.

The diner looks awesome, by the way.  I'm a fan.

I don't see them rehashing the modulars.  I could see them redoing modular themes.  There could be a new grocery store, or a new cinema down the line, but I doubt we ever see Green Grocer, Cafe Corner or any of the others reissued.  They will keep this theme going for a long time without needing to rehash.  Last years assembly square was a hodge podge of design looks from previous buildings.  That's more than likely how they will behave as time goes on.

The diner looks awesome, by the way.  I'm a fan.

I think that we can expect a green grocer next year in some form.

• 6 months later...