75155 - Rebel U-Wing Fighter

Lordoflego

I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, so maybe my opinion does not matter, but this does not look great. It's not terrible like some others like the hoth set, but it is not something I would spend my money on. There are many really neat Star Wars ships already, and it just does not stand out to me. 

16 minutes ago, nolanfan34 said:

Success of this will depend a lot on how cool it is in the movie. I don't like how blocky it looks on the bottom, but maybe it has an important role, we'll see. Although they all must get blown up if they didn't make Ep 4. :-)

I think it's a troop carrier. They didn't send those to the death star

1 hour ago, nolanfan34 said:

Success of this will depend a lot on how cool it is in the movie. I don't like how blocky it looks on the bottom, but maybe it has an important role, we'll see. Although they all must get blown up if they didn't make Ep 4. :-)

I agree. I don't like the look of this set either, but if it goes on epic adventures like the MF it could be a hit. I doubt it though.

Maybe we just need to get used to the look of the ship. A lot of people hated The Ghost from SW Rebels too, but now it has become an essential part of the series.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My son built this today, and I helped in spots.  Overall, this set is cool to see in person, but it's also a little underwhelming.   My main problem with it is the space in the cargo area - it's extremely small compartment, and you might be able to get 2 mini's in it, but good luck getting more than that.  There are many elements of the design that are cool, though.  I especially like how they made use of the flick fire missile technique.  I was wondering why the flat plates were left loose but during the final bag it became evident, as you push a flick missile into the spring loader, a blue plate slightly rises up where you use that to press down and fire the missile.  But, the lack of compartment space is a drag.  This is no republic gunship or even First Order Transporter.  Overall, it's ok.  

My son loves it though and has been playing with it for hours, so I guess that is what ultimately matters.

• Like 6

I built this last night, and it was fun overall.  It's pretty big and I get a kick out of retractable wings.  Like Fossil said, as a troop transporter, space in the troop hold is limited, but I love it's features including how the hatches swing open and the mobility of the door guns.  I also appreciate the overall low number of stickers, but I wasn't happy that I had to put stickers on the cockpit canopy.  It's not a forgiving place to screw up on.  Really looking forward to next year's Y-Wing to put along side this baby!

• Like 3

I was at Walmart today. Discovered a hidden, toy clearance aisle that I didn't know exist. Full of friends pop, and s stack of 4-5 U-wings. I thought for sure it was an error, but thought why not.
Took one to the cashier and explained that i found it on a clearance shelf. She scanned it and said "yup, it's on clearance for $68"
I didn't buy any, but now I'm annoyed that I'm going to be checking the app everyday to see if it has reduced.

1 hour ago, donbee said:

I was at Walmart today. Discovered a hidden, toy clearance aisle that I didn't know exist. Full of friends pop, and s stack of 4-5 U-wings. I thought for sure it was an error, but thought why not.
Took one to the cashier and explained that i found it on a clearance shelf. She scanned it and said "yup, it's on clearance for $68"
I didn't buy any, but now I'm annoyed that I'm going to be checking the app everyday to see if it has reduced.

Not  a clearance price as much as a special rogue Friday price. My local Walmarts all have big Lego displays with them advertising the $68 price. 

The price will probably go back up before it goes down...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Strangely most of the rogue one series of sets seems to be deeply discounted in UK already.  Too early for investment and too widely available at discount for quick flip in my book.

Same here. I´d wait and see how the movie reaction is before investing in these.

• Like 1

It's way too early to say if this is going to be worth an investment opportunity or not.  Personally, this ship doesn't do much for me. I had great expectations when it was first out, but after building it, the compartment that should house many troops, can barely fit 1.  I feel this set will really be determined in how the movie plays out.