Packing from Smyths for home delivery

GiliusThunderhead

Not read much about Smyths (UK/EIR toy retailer) packaging when it comes to delivery.  Anyone have any experience ordering larger sets though them?  I know there's a thread on this but i think its mainly read by our NA brethren so thought i might get some opinions posting in the UK forum.

As an FYI from what I've experienced:

The good:
John Lewis
Amazon
Tesco (click and collect)
Asda (Click and collect)
ToysR US

The bad:
Argos

Just now, GiliusThunderhead said:

Not read much about Smyths (UK/EIR toy retailer) packaging when it comes to delivery.  Anyone have any experience ordering larger sets though them?  I know there's a thread on this but i think its mainly read by our NA brethren so thought i might get some opinions posting in the UK forum.

As an FYI from what I've experienced:

The Good:
John Lewis
Tesco (click and collect)
Asda (Click and collect)
ToysR US

The Bad:
Littlewoods

Amazon

Mytoys.de

The Ugly:

Argos

Changed that a bit, I would disagree with Amazon, particularly where it's multiple sets.

I've had fairly good experiences with Smyths on large sets. The boxes are sometimes over-sized and filled out with those air-bag things, but I haven't had any real issues. Mine come from Galway I think, so not sure what it's like in the UK. I think with large sets, a lot depends on the handling by postal workers after it leaves the retailer.

Amazon.uk has been very hit or miss lately. I usually only get small/medium sized sets from them and they're often creased, because the corners of those crappy boxes they use have come apart or collapsed.

The last two big box items ( Sandcrawler & Batman classic TV series ) came damaged with gaping holes, but no outer box damage. Both brought back to the B&M shop for an on the spot swop. Small items are fine and often come overprotected? Go figure.

Edited by Alfiepops

11 minutes ago, Alfiepops said:

The last two big box items ( Sandcrawler & Batman classic TV series ) came damaged with gaping holes, but no outer box damage. Both brought back to the B&M shop for an on the spot swop. Small items are fine and often come overprotected? Go figure.

I had that once too with a Tumbler from Smyths. A big hole in the corner of the set but the shipping box was fine.