[MOC] Endor - Micro Landscape

dimnico

13 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I really love the MOCs. Just wondering if the cross-posting really needs to happen for all of these - can't they just be contained in either the MOC Highlights or Member MOCs and Mods thread?

I'm still new to forums and posting etc! Last time I just posted one post someone said I should post in MOC highlights too! 

What is the best place/way to post?!? #confused

11 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I love micro builds. This looks great.  My favorite part is the AT-ST.  That's inspired.

Thanks very much! I started my first micro build while waiting for parts from brickilnk to arrive. I enjoyed the process and finished build so much that I just kept on doing them! Death Star Trench is next!

44 minutes ago, dimnico said:

I'm still new to forums and posting etc! Last time I just posted one post someone said I should post in MOC highlights too! 

From what I've heard from responses to other threads, the best way to determine where to post a new item is:

a ) Check if there is an existing topic that would cover what you are about to post

b ) Find the correct sub-forum and create a new topic there.

In this case, since there is (at least) one existing thread that covers your MOCs (you get to choose between the "MOC Highlights" thread and the "Member MOCs and Mods" thread; I would think the latter is best suited), you would post there.

I'm sure a Mod is able to confirm/further clarify/correct my statements above if needed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

@Phil B stay away from the Black Friday thread.  It has been down a few other roads recently and nobody has come through with a mop or bucket.

Food is a mod-approved diversion on any thread, at least that's what my one year of reading all threads on this forum has taught me.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Phil B said:

Food is a mod-approved diversion on any thread, at least that's what my one year of reading all threads on this forum has taught me.

Not ALL food, but most. Hotcakes, Sonic Dogs and Popcorn are among the most popular.

As for where to post, I would say generally....

- If you just want to post a MOC, go ahead and post it in one of the main MOC threads. That'll get the most views/feedback/likes over time.
- If you have a series like @dimnico has, often they'll get their own thread (ToK does this a lot and it works).

But if you have something truly unique to share, go ahead and make a new topic. New topics tend to eventually get lost in the forum though... the bigger topics keep surfacing in the "Recent Posts" activity I believe many people probably use which makes it a better target.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, dimnico said:

MOC Highlights, Member MOCS & MODS, and a handful of more specific topics are general "catch all" threads meant to make posting and finding such content simple. For many members (particularly on mobile I have heard), posting a reply is easier than starting a whole new topic. Either way is fine essentially boiling down to what works for you, and timing (at least initially) gets the most views though I still have not quite figured that one out.

• Like 1

Love the mini AT-ST.  Instantly recognizable and cool use of pieces.  I don't think it looks too cramped.  When using a limited number of studs you're bound to be very limited in space and Endor has many things you would want to complete the scene.  I would probably add even more trees to be honest.

Thanks so much for the great feedback. My first builds of this scene had loads of trees but I found that they were obscuring the important stuff too much! I think it's a real delicate balance. Ideally I would want one more next to the bunker to make it totally movie accurate!