[MOC] Death Star Trench Run - Battlefront DLC!

dimnico

4 hours ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Unbelievable.  Love all your micro mocs. 

4 hours ago, Manse1001 said:

Once again, fantastic work Dimtiri, awesome !! 

3 hours ago, Sandwraith said:

Can we get these instead of Space Slugs!?

2 hours ago, dcdfan said:

@dimnico is making these awesome micro mocs and Lego is making creepy holiday sets. emoji15.png

Thanks so much for the positive comments everyone! Really encouraging to know you guys like my work!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zelgazra said:

This is just awesome dude. I for one would love to see the design process pics! Definitely! 

Thanks so much!

So here are a couple of pictures of the design in progress.

As you can see I first started off wanting this to be both sides of the trench but after thinking about it I felt it was going to look too cramped and so opted for a slice of trench instead. Also it was all light grey to begin with but I felt adding a bit of dark grey on the side would help to break it up a bit. I also widen the side of the trench to 5 studs rather than 4 and raised by an extra couple of levels too.

29681248506_142c69aae8_n.jpg

This pic shows the initial design for the X-Wing - The nose was longer and sleeker but no R2 :( And I felt I couldnt do a MOC to tie in with the battlefront dlc, which has R2 as a playable character, and not have R2 so hence the use of the 1x1 tile and blue 1x1 stud in the final build.

29716562655_7eda202335_n.jpg

You can also see all the holes in the technic bricks that I eventually filled in. The greebling was a bit random but also I tried to make it feel as if it were something that would look right in the real world. For instance the pipes connect to wheels, sockets etc as if it were real industrial things (if that makes sense?!) 

FInally this pic shows the original Vader's Tie - originally I was going to paint the shields black to create the wings but I just felt it was a little small compared to everything else and especially after watching Rebels season 2 I felt Vader's tie needed to be beefier and a lot more menacing so changed the wings to whats in the final build.

29716563075_93e8f221d3_c.jpg

Last point is that you can see two ties flying in formation behind Vader but after a while I just felt it was the same thing I had seen before and so I added the action of the tie blowing up instead!

I have loads more pics on my flickr page including some of the other micro mocs I have done as well! 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/145187758@N06/albums/72157670642069043/with/29716563075/

• Like 4