10255 - Assembly Square

Alpinemaps

58 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I couldn't resist $700 sell...so basically I have fingers crossed that the big Hogwarts will be available at RRP again

That's a heck of a markup if they're selling for that across the pond! Cheapest one over here on eBay is about £450 shipped, compared to £350 RRP. 

On 4/21/2020 at 7:00 AM, elmaslıefendi said:

Interesting, limited to 1 at LEGO Shop at Home just like 10264. 10260 & 10270 still limited to 5. All on backorder I think. I wonder which one will be done this year.

On 4/21/2020 at 7:00 AM, elmaslıefendi said:

Interesting, limited to 1 at LEGO Shop at Home just like 10264. 10260 & 10270 still limited to 5. All on backorder I think. I wonder which one will be done this year.

Great observation! I agree and think 10255 is gone for good, having been de-listed from Galeria as well.

Also limited to one unit @ LEGO SAH:

10256 - Taj Mahal

42083 - Bugatti

10261 - Rollercoaster

10260 - Downtown Diner

10265 - Mustang

75192 - Millenium Falcon (rumored to be EOL in 12/2020)

75159 - Death Star (rumored to be EOL in 12/2020)

Oddly enough, also limited to one:

21322 - Pirate Bay

Edited by Kekskrabbe
added information

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...
3 minutes ago, maestro said:

Assembly Square 10255 a good investment? Can buy for $223

Rumor has it that AS will retire at the end of next year. But if it gets postponed, you are sitting on a lot of money tied up. Think Treehouse. 

Other than that, I'm sure it will do ok. Probably not as good as some of the earlier modulars because of its long run. Or at least it will take a while to get there. But it is one of the better modulars and with rrp of modulars having gone up by 20%, it's pretty safe.

2 hours ago, BrickLover80 said:

Rumor has it that AS will retire at the end of next year. But if it gets postponed, you are sitting on a lot of money tied up. Think Treehouse. 

Other than that, I'm sure it will do ok. Probably not as good as some of the earlier modulars because of its long run. Or at least it will take a while to get there. But it is one of the better modulars and with rrp of modulars having gone up by 20%, it's pretty safe.

That retirement sounds a bit too far away. I need to cut down on amount of sets sitting around taking up space. 

Didn't realise modulars increased price by 20%

53 minutes ago, maestro said:

Didn't realise modulars increased price by 20%

Parisian Restaurant was $160, Police Station and Corner Garage are $200. Piece count for the Police Station is higher than for PR but that's a lot for small pieces, so I don't think that can explain everything. I'm sure if AS came on the market today, it would be priced higher. Maybe not 20% but it wouldn't shock me if it came in at over $300.