10255 - Assembly Square

Alpinemaps

10 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

I assume you're talking about this set:

That's the set was showing up on a Lepin box earlier this week on Reddit.  That's a Barnes & Noble / Starbucks Store MOC that was posted to Eurobricks back in 2013.  That is definitely not Assembly Square.

You're right, it's far too good to be a lego modular (and I love the modulars) :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Posted over on EB (and taken from a post over on NeoGaf):

Yeah about that... i actually have a little "update" concerning this issue. 

I JUST got back from the Lego store and... i had a little chat with the manager and he told me that he actually SAW the modular square in person and it was glorious according to him!! When i then asked him that precise question (about whether it was gonna fit into a line or square setup etc.) he went on about how it could be both or more... as though it will be TRULY modular in concept, he also compared it to Pet Shop in the sense that you can separate the halves and integrate or interchange them however you like so that sounds kinda exciting!! He also talked about it more in the sense of a "house" and less of a park or actual square so not sure what to make of that. I could tell he obviously wouldn't/couldn't go into more detail without spoiling it all so make of that what you will ;)

Anyway, color me hyped for the thing :)))

• Like 2

Additionally, there's a press release coming from LEGO tomorrow morning.  We don't know what the content is, but some speculate it might be related to this.

Set your alarms and get your F5 finger ready!  Press release set for just under 24 hours from now.  17:00 CEST / 08:00 PDT / 11:00 EDT Monday.  Not sure if its this one or something else D2C.  Can't wait!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Additionally, there's a press release coming from LEGO tomorrow morning.  We don't know what the content is, but some speculate it might be related to this.

Press release on the LEGO website; or where ?  I finally caught up with the all the modular sets after winning some cash while I was in Las Vegas for my wedding anniversary, and bought the Brick Bank in the Vegas LEGO store. 

Got quite an amount of looks walking with it over the strip at 9.15 pm... 

Anyway, I'm getting really excited about this set too.  And I would love it to be a big set, size wise, that is.  I love all the other ones, but they do tend to get smaller and more detailed inside, and I would like to see sets like the GG.  Some detail but still quite large in size...

2 hours ago, Wimmer said:

Anyway, I'm getting really excited about this set too.  And I would love it to be a big set, size wise, that is.  I love all the other ones, but they do tend to get smaller and more detailed inside, and I would like to see sets like the GG.  Some detail but still quite large in size...

It is supposed to be 4k+ pieces and kind of like 10218 in that you can rearrange the buildings a few different ways. Hopefully it will bring a much needed boost back to the theme after the lackluster Brick Bank and Detective Office. I am excited for this one.

41 minutes ago, asharerin said:

It is supposed to be 4k+ pieces and kind of like 10218 in that you can rearrange the buildings a few different ways. Hopefully it will bring a much needed boost back to the theme after the lackluster Brick Bank and Detective Office. I am excited for this one.

I like Brick Bank / Detective's Office much more than Palace Cinemas / Pet Shop ...

• Like 1

I am very disappointed. Its just a connection of 2 modulars, 2 boring modulars. Nothing special. Another simply design as in last modulars.

Look at the picture with other modulars... its just another part of street, without a special feeling.

I am very interested on sale numbers - since the town hall had a early EOL because of its price higher than an average modular....

Guest TabbyBoy

It does look delicious but, maybe 5yrs too early to buy >1? ;-)

Of course, it's no reason for the PC or PS to go, LEGO could shock us again as they did with the TH. My gut feeling is that NO modular will retire this year. Even if it did, expect slow growth.