10255 - Assembly Square

Alpinemaps

7 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Does anyone know if this set will be 100% exclusive to LEGO only? If the likes of TRU get their grubby hands on it, don't expect much growth, if any. I'll buy just one for my collection in 2018 (I'm having 2017 off!).

Seems like most Exclusives are lego SAH exclusive for 3 to 6 months i.e. death star is now available at Smyths 

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

Does anyone know if this set will be 100% exclusive to LEGO only? If the likes of TRU get their grubby hands on it, don't expect much growth, if any. I'll buy just one for my collection in 2018 (I'm having 2017 off!).

You will always see that when you decide not to buy a set or buy it later it turns out to be a Lego Exclusive with a 12 month life and you miss out on it. :P

• Like 1

Not sure I like it enough. 

Was in Lyon for business and checked the local store. They had plenty and showcased in the window. Looks expensive for a modular with a bite in. 

Anyways, couldn't resist asking for a Trevi Fountain as they will have a far higher IRR anyways. The store manager told me the archtecture set was phased out, just like every architecture set will be rolling over every 6months! Nothing left in stock. 

I could barely keep the poker face ?. Retirements chaining every 6 month !!!! 

Imagine that!

Edited by ZULU
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, ZULU said:

Not sure I like it enough. 

Was in Lyon for business and checked the local store. They had plenty and showcased in the window. Looks expensive for a modular with a bite in. 

Anyways, couldn't resist asking for a Trevi Fountain as they will have a far higher IRR anyways. The store manager told me the archtecture set was phased out, just like every architecture set will be rolling over every 6months! Nothing left in stock. 

I could barely keep the poker face 1f606.png. Retirements chaining every 6 month !!!! 

Imagine that!

Please be true Please be true

• Like 1

Instant classic.  Absolutely incredible build.  So many Easter eggs referencing other Lego sets, including all the prior modulars.  Easily the finest modular yet.  Really rewards long-term fans that are familiar with others in the series.  No less than *9* detailed interior rooms, each a tiny little masterpiece.  100% home-run from Lego, thank you!

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
3 hours ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Interesting, limited to 1 at LEGO Shop at Home just like 10264. 10260 & 10270 still limited to 5. All on backorder I think. I wonder which one will be done this year.

I'm pretty sure this set (10255) will go out of production end of this year.

My family is in the middle of this build and it's amazeballz

the combination of rooms and details...can't take your eyes away..even half complete my 8 year old is filming a mini movie and story telling on it.

I know it's actually a rehash of past sets and in that case, many may view it as a copycat frenkenstein...but this being our first modular, it was a great intro. They packed so much into one set...the only thing that rivals it is obviously Ninjago City...which btw way has almost doubled in price since retiring 4 months ago.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, marcandre said:

It will be back. No guarantee it retires this year either. Last modular I bought in bulk at rrp was GE. Discounts have been easier to come by since then. Should be the same here. 

IDK...w/ the recent disclosure (since removed) that LEGO is cutting back production, and the clear supply chain issues in general globally...and the concerns of unemployment dampening future sales...those tea leaves point to LEGO retiring sets aggressively.  The ones that have been available for awhile are likely on the short list...IMO

• Like 2