Sears Canada Sucks

Stragus

7 hours ago, ChristopherJB said:

10 hours ago, ChristopherJB said:

That enterprise is a deal with 10% off. Sold a few at 230USD already. Plus shipping.

All I see is a low of $220 USD BEFORE ebay and paypal fees which lowers the amount considerably.

Like most things you post here, it is full of half truths.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lego rules said:

All I see is a low of $220 USD BEFORE ebay and paypal fees which lowers the amount considerably.

Like most things you post here, it is full of half truths.

If 220USD is a low that you see, don't tell me that's not enough for you to go and clean some of the star trek from sears. I don't know how you run your business but with a guaranteed 30% gain after ebay and paypal fees, this is a no brainer.

7 hours ago, ChristopherJB said:

If 220USD is a low that you see, don't tell me that's not enough for you to go and clean some of the star trek from sears. I don't know how you run your business but with a guaranteed 30% gain after ebay and paypal fees, this is a no brainer.

Anyone that has been here long enough knows your gambit.  Buy anything that will make some money by being a QFLL, drive over the US to ship it and return the left over back to the store.

I don't do any of those things, so I guess I run it completely different than you.

Lately you have turned into a propaganda machine telling people to clean the shelves of this set or that set promising X amount of returns in a few months.  Maybe you are trying to help other people, or maybe just trying to help yourself by clearing out store inventory quicker.

I know most of the veterans just ignore your posts but for people who are not quite as seasoned.  This is an unbiased opinion to take anything you say with the disclaimer to do your due diligence first.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, lego rules said:

Anyone that has been here long enough knows your gambit.  Buy anything that will make some money by being a QFLL, drive over the US to ship it and return the left over back to the store.

I don't do any of those things, so I guess I run it completely different than you.

Lately you have turned into a propaganda machine telling people to clean the shelves of this set or that set promising X amount of returns in a few months.  Maybe you are trying to help other people, or maybe just trying to help yourself by clearing out store inventory quicker.

I know most of the veterans just ignore your posts but for people who are not quite as seasoned.  This is an unbiased opinion to take anything you say with the disclaimer to do your due diligence first.

How is cleaning the SOH, IR and this star trek set a propaganda?
I was telling people to clean the Sea Cow last year. Looks like my propaganda must be working due to the prices going up on them.

If one single person, ie, ME, can affect the price of lego sets, then I must be really important. You are free to do what you want with your money. If you think the SOH and IR will not go up after EOL, that is your opinion and feeling. I can pump every set up to heaven and it won't make a difference.

On 2016-12-07 at 2:06 PM, ChristopherJB said:

How is cleaning the SOH, IR and this star trek set a propaganda?
I was telling people to clean the Sea Cow last year. Looks like my propaganda must be working due to the prices going up on them.

If one single person, ie, ME, can affect the price of lego sets, then I must be really important. You are free to do what you want with your money. If you think the SOH and IR will not go up after EOL, that is your opinion and feeling. I can pump every set up to heaven and it won't make a difference.

Anyone who thought getting Sea cow at 30% discount + 50% off the 2nd set wasn't a good deal shouldn't be investing in Lego.  Any veteran just rolls there eyes as you mention things that are common knowledge or just guesses.  If I didn't think SOH wouldn't go up, I wouldn't have a bunch of them.

Maybe don't make posts with half truths and missing a bunch of information would be a good start?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone complained to them about their shipping... I ordered a bunch of stuff from them and shipped it to the store in hopes they would arrive mint condition... I was sorely mistaken.  Each item was individually wrapped in some shipping plastic bag and taped to the box with shipping tape which sticks like crazy.  Then they taped a receipt to each box as well.  The boxes were all visible squished too..

I called to complain and they said they would contact me back in 72 hours.  They said they would replace them but I wanted a guarantee the same shipping crap would not occur and he couldn't do that and thus the 72 hour wait for a response.  Do you know if they discount for crap shipping causing damage?  I would take a discount as I will have to drop sets probably 10% at least for the box damage...

9 minutes ago, Zender said:

Has anyone complained to them about their shipping... I ordered a bunch of stuff from them and shipped it to the store in hopes they would arrive mint condition... I was sorely mistaken.  Each item was individually wrapped in some shipping plastic bag and taped to the box with shipping tape which sticks like crazy.  Then they taped a receipt to each box as well.  The boxes were all visible squished too..

I called to complain and they said they would contact me back in 72 hours.  They said they would replace them but I wanted a guarantee the same shipping crap would not occur and he couldn't do that and thus the 72 hour wait for a response.  Do you know if they discount for crap shipping causing damage?  I would take a discount as I will have to drop sets probably 10% at least for the box damage...

I don't care about damaged boxes, but I have had two boxes so damaged that half the content fell out. They taped it back together missing half of the bags.

I called to complain and they said to return the damaged products to a Sears store for a refund.

23 hours ago, Zender said:

I had some Rancor Pits damaged to the point of large holes in the boxes, i just returned those, but didn't really complain about em. I think i got them for $30 each or something, so i didn't mind.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
1 minute ago, vroom34 said:

Failure to innovate while Amazon and the lot ate their lunch. Sad story for the workers while management negotiate their golden parachutes. 

My mom is retired and in her retirement she took a job at a local mall at Cleo's for something to do (and a bit of extra cash). They've all been told that if it weren't for online sales (I think they do store pickup) that the chain Cleo's wouldn't exist. Sears never transitioned out of the "catalog" era to compete with big box stores never mind into the 21st century to compete with online retailers like Amazon...

3 minutes ago, gregpj said:

My mom is retired and in her retirement she took a job at a local mall at Cleo's for something to do (and a bit of extra cash). They've all been told that if it weren't for online sales (I think they do store pickup) that the chain Cleo's wouldn't exist. Sears never transitioned out of the "catalog" era to compete with big box stores never mind into the 21st century to compete with online retailers like Amazon...

Apart from Wal-mart though, who really has? There's those 2, and everyone else is leagues below them. It's not happening here as much, but malls in the US are closing so fast that they estimate half of them will be gone in 5-10 years.