Facebook Marketplace

Phil B

I am not sure if this is where it should go but I thought I would make everyone aware.

Today, I was scheduled for a local pickup selling a Titanic set. It was through FBM and nothing really seemed out of the ordinary until she asked me if I could make an exception and take Venmo because she hadn't had time to get to the bank.  It was the middle of a Tuesday and there are literally fifteen banks near my house so I told her it was cash only.  All of a sudden her friend was calling on the other line to tell her that she found it fifty bucks cheaper someplace else (impeccable timing) and that she wouldn't be buying the set after all.  I bent over backwards to make that sale convenient for her and then nothing.  

Do not accept Venmo for anything really.  They will come get the set, Venmo you the money, twenty minutes later report the card stolen, the charges will be reversed and you will never see the merchandise again. 

This is my PSA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am not sure if this is where it should go but I thought I would make everyone aware.
Today, I was scheduled for a local pickup selling a Titanic set. It was through FBM and nothing really seemed out of the ordinary until she asked me if I could make an exception and take Venmo because she hadn't had time to get to the bank.  It was the middle of a Tuesday and there are literally fifteen banks near my house so I told her it was cash only.  All of a sudden her friend was calling on the other line to tell her that she found it fifty bucks cheaper someplace else (impeccable timing) and that she wouldn't be buying the set after all.  I bent over backwards to make that sale convenient for her and then nothing.  
Do not accept Venmo for anything really.  They will come get the set, Venmo you the money, twenty minutes later report the card stolen, the charges will be reversed and you will never see the merchandise again. 
This is my PSA.
Funny enough I just had someone offer me Venmo last night shortly before we where supposed to meet. It was only a $45 set but when I said cash only they said we'd have to wait and possibly meet the next day.

Haven't heard anything since, lol.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, mplsabdullah said:

Funny enough I just had someone offer me Venmo last night shortly before we where supposed to meet. It was only a $45 set but when I said cash only they said we'd have to wait and possibly meet the next day.

Haven't heard anything since, lol.

well there's so little reasons for many folks to go to the bank nowadays...and I don't ever use ATMs (don't even keep a card w/ me)...and Venmo has become a necessary evil if you need to pay for kids lessons or random school-related stuff...

so for a $45 I could totally see someone thinking it's not worth it..,

but def for a $100+ purchase...Venmo = Scam City

• Like 1

well there's so little reasons for many folks to go to the bank nowadays...and I don't ever use ATMs (don't even keep a card w/ me)...and Venmo has become a necessary evil if you need to pay for kids lessons or random school-related stuff...
so for a $45 I could totally see someone thinking it's not worth it..,
but def for a $100+ purchase...Venmo = Scam City
I understand that as well. Can't see why they scam for this particular set but who knows? Just thought it was a funny coincidence that I saw this post today.

• 8 months later...
48 minutes ago, LegoWalker4 said:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1515098875668228/?referralSurface=messenger_lightspeed_banner&referralCode=messenger_banner

Posting this in case anyone lives in the central PA area.  I do not have room for it.

Please delete: From the seller - Not actually Lego

"It might be because it is the AliExpress version of the Lego set, but even then, these things are known for falling apart."

Edited by LegoWalker4

• 2 months later...

Hoping someone here can provide a solution for me.

This past summer I started shipping items through Marketplace with no issues. Mostly small to medium sized sets.

I sold a Speed Champion set this past weekend and shipped it on Monday. When I go into the order to enter the tracking number the option to do so is “greyed out” and unresponsive when I try to click on it. Because of this it looks like I haven’t shipped the item which means I won’t receive payment for it even though the buyer has already received it. If I don’t enter the tracking info within a few days the order will be cancelled by Facebook, I won’t get paid, and the buyer will have my item.

The robo-support center was vague and unhelpful. A google search didn’t turn up any answers or solutions, and my sales have since come to a grinding halt for some reason.

I’ve already shipped and been paid for around 100 items through marketplace with no issues. To my knowledge my account hasn’t been restricted for any reason, and if it has I haven’t been notified. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any workaround or idea what’s going on here?

2b2f36028356578ac5c2f921263b40ea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...
4 minutes ago, LegoWalker4 said:

Very thorough listing description for this Lego 6062 Battering Ram set.  WOW!  It reads like a small novel.  

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/781595287035333/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Ad4c856aa-6bc2-4cd9-907f-35d29162d494

I need to rethink my life choices after reading that 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LegoWalker4 said:

Very thorough listing description for this Lego 6062 Battering Ram set.  WOW!  It reads like a small novel.  

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/781595287035333/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Ad4c856aa-6bc2-4cd9-907f-35d29162d494

I think he actually lost money by the time he finished that ad.

• Haha 1