Ideas #015: 21306 - Yellow Submarine

dcdfan

• 2 weeks later...

Considering that the Caterham Seven was approved in an earlier round and so it should be released first, I expect this set to come out early 2017. Though maybe the Caterham needs more rework while this set could be exactly like the submission. That could bump it ahead of the release queue.

What do you guys (and/or gals) think?

6 minutes ago, Brian Briggs said:

So it looks like the Caterham Super Seven will have an MSRP of $80. Nice to know.

And Adventure Time $60? That sounds high for a bunch of brick-built figures. Anyway, not interested in AT, but definitely in Caterham Super 7 - and for a car that's a great price point.

34 minutes ago, Phil B said:

And Adventure Time $60? That sounds high for a bunch of brick-built figures. Anyway, not interested in AT, but definitely in Caterham Super 7 - and for a car that's a great price point.

According to the official announcement Adventure Time will cost $49.99, has the set number 21308 and is to be released on January 1. There are three more projects that already passed the review. Both the Caterham Super Seven and the Apollo 11 Saturn V projects do not look like $60 sets. That would only leave the Beatles Yellow Submarine which I can envision being sold at the $60 price point.

Edited by Brian Briggs
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
Just see pics of the 4 figs and the Nowhere Man fig on twitter.
Is this a January release?
Ok found some images of the box. Very impressed if they're real, looks better than the submission. Yay.

I think it improves on the submission but not in a way as to be remarkably different.

I saw November 1 as the release date.

Will there be Blue Meanies?

Nope. Just the Nowhere Man.

Guest TabbyBoy

Could these be the most valuable post EOL minifigs ever? I see that even custom sets are making good money on eBay let alone the 500 limited editions from the Liverpool store opening. Of course, it depends how many billions of sets are produced!

Shame they missed out on releasing it together with the Ron Howard film. Nowadays it is a big mistake to rely on the value of minifigs to carry a set (Dimensions ended that) but  think that this is one of those sets like T1, which will have crossover appeal to non Lego fans.

The Dr Who vs TBBT vs BTTF vs Beatles popularity debate is a pretty short one.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Shame they missed out on releasing it together with the Ron Howard film. Nowadays it is a big mistake to rely on the value of minifigs to carry a set (Dimensions ended that) but  think that this is one of those sets like T1, which will have crossover appeal to non Lego fans.

The Dr Who vs TBBT vs BTTF vs Beatles popularity debate is a pretty short one.

For a start... TBBT can be dismissed immediately ;-)