Ideas #015: 21306 - Yellow Submarine

dcdfan

Beatles exclusive? I think it will be the exact opposite as they want to amortize the licence fee. 1st day promo in US is the hideous ornament then nothing till the BF shaky thing and 2017 calendar. Guess it will be the same in Europe and the sweet spot will be stacking with BF promo with 2xvip. By that time it will be on BO so you would need to add another item, maybe even to qualify for the shaker. Excellent price point to qualify for free shipping.

2 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

This will be so hot that I don't care about any promo! Could this be the best Xmas QFLL to date? I've already asked friends at John Lewis & Smyths to keep an eye out. On the other hand... I would prefer this to be 100% exclusive to LEGO like the MR and RI were.

We would need this set to even come close to the popularity in the US.

Image result for zz top lego

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, gregpj said:

I spy a new part... a white 1x1 tile rounded on two sides.

You mean the pizza-wedge tile? It's recent, but not new.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=25269&name=Tile, Round 1 x 1 Quarter&category=[Tile, Round]#T=C

23 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Interesting...  How about the macaroni elbows and the white rounded tiles?

Macaroni elbows are a re-release (with modifications) of an older part, and are new this year - also in 21307 Caterham.

http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=25214&name=Brick, Round 1 x 1 d. 90 Degree Elbow - No Stud - Type 2 - Axle Hole&category=[Brick, Round]

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

Nice detective work! I don't do friends so I've never seen that quarter round tile before. :) Could be a very useful piece!

5 minutes ago, gregpj said:

Nice detective work! I don't do friends so I've never seen that quarter round tile before. :) Could be a very useful piece!

I recommend making The New Elementary part of your blog feeds (I use theoldreader.com for my blog aggregation). They keep you informed about all the new shapes and colors in the LEGO parts universe.

Oh, and IDEAS sets never get new molds - so even if the macaroni elbow is currently only in 21306 and 21307 (both IDEAS sets), its occurrence there means it has already been planned for inclusion in a regular set, which just hasn't been released yet.

Edited by Phil B

3 minutes ago, tractorboy said:

Looks amazing. Lego have really nailed it with this set. I've been less than impressed with the last few Ideas sets, but this one is way better than I hoped it would be. Box is beautiful too. This will be on a lot of xmas lists this year I reckon.

I agree with everything you mentioned! It´s the first in quite a few IDEAS sets that looks to be better than the original design.

5 minutes ago, KvHulk said:

Well, People no doubt love The Beatles and this set... I commented on 'AFOLS of Facebook' with "The Beatles... Meh" and was booted from the group and blocked within 60 seconds. Talk about overreacting...

Why did they take that long?