Ideas #015: 21306 - Yellow Submarine

dcdfan

Guest TabbyBoy

I can just imagine buyers camping outside the night before release like they do at Apple stores. I won't be one of them! However, I've not been this excited about an IDEAS set since the Mars Rover. I'm logging on as soon as it's available to buy the maximum before the buying limit is reduced to 1.

Guest TabbyBoy
36 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Caterham has stayed at 2 but I don´t think it sold out.

I'm in no rush for that as it'll probaly be sold everywhere and be 30% off eventually. Of course, I'll be getting 1 for my collection but, not yet.

9 hours ago, Val-E said:

Up on SAH now. No TLG tax for Spain and 50 GBP confirmed in the UK.

Amazingly the Dutch get it for 54.99 and the Italians for €49.99 but that´s just to stop them getting free shipping. I can see @Ciglione changing nationality again.

What??? €54,99 in The Netherlands and €59,99 in Germany? What happened? Did the sky fall down?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Haay said:

What??? €54,99 in The Netherlands and €59,99 in Germany? What happened? Did the sky fall down?

The Webmaster has probably taken Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. You still pay more than us when you add shipping. Jealous of the Italians, though.

Edited by Val-E

10 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Here's one leaked photo that I'm going to allow, but I'm going to post the photo behind the spoiler tag:

Yoko Ono from the Yellow Submarine set

Reveal hidden contents

1vp77AD.jpg

(I admit, not my joke)

From the likes I can see that the hidden contents are visible to some, but as mentioned many times before, when I try to open a "Reveal hidden contents" section, it just teleports me to the top of the page. @Jeff Mack. Same on my mobile browser. I use Firefox on Linux on the desktop.

• Like 1

Interestingly, in the new German Customer Christmas Catalog the Yellow Submarine is being advertised with a price of 49,99 Euros. Seems like they made a last-minute decision to raise the price in Germany (might also explain why the Dutch one is LOWER now - they have no intention of changing that one it seems, or maybe...).

Edited by Frank Brickowski

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

From the likes I can see that the hidden contents are visible to some, but as mentioned many times before, when I try to open a "Reveal hidden contents" section, it just teleports me to the top of the page. @Jeff Mack. Same on my mobile browser. I use Firefox on Linux on the desktop.

Same here for both Firefox and Chrome.

Guest TabbyBoy

There are some selling on eBay now selling for 2x RRP. The question is, where do the sellers (with good feedback) get them from?

Does this tell us that this could be the hottest small set to date?

Guest TabbyBoy
17 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Immediate delivery?

Within 10 days which is still before official launch date. This tells me that some LEGO shop employees may be either opening the boxes too early or selling off the ones that they may have been given. Either way, it tells me that I need to buy more than one!

3 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Within 10 days which is still before official launch date. This tells me that some LEGO shop employees may be either opening the boxes too early or selling off the ones that they may have been given. Either way, it tells me that I need to buy more than one!

That means shops have it or they are press review sets. We should hear about the staff xmas gift set soon too.

I am guessing this could be a good flip if it hasn´t made it into other stores before Xmas.

I didn't buy more 75054s because I thought "everyone and their mother" had them. I regret that decision now. Supply and demand worked in resellers' favor there. 

Ecto 1 isn't retired yet and Birds is doing well in Europe. Before it did the "living dead" routine, Birds started on the right track in the US, too. 

It's really about supply and demand after retirement. Yes, Yellow Submarine will be very, very horded. It just might be the only Beatles set, ever. Take that for what it's worth and plan your strategy accordingly.