Ideas #015: 21306 - Yellow Submarine

dcdfan

10 minutes ago, BMTHbuilder said:

There's a lot of interest in this set for QFLL. . Can I ask is this because of Christmas coming up? Or do you think it will never be reduced in the months to come?

I think we shouldn't confuse interest in an item and qfll potential. Yes this set is highly anticipated in UK, however there will only be qfll potential if ALL shops sell out (SAH + supermarkets + independent B&M shops + TRU etc). People have already started to undercut each other on ebay and are selling for £59.99 + postage in uk. The real money was made by the people who managed to get this set from lego liverpool last week.

You can make money if bought from tesco 3 for 2, however the amount of money is not alot considering the set is only selling for £60 shipped, after p&p / fees etc you end up with not alot.

The only reason technic porsche did good was it was only available from lego stores in person, as all SAH orders were delayed for 1 month + no other store except lego sold it for first 1/2 months.

This set is NOT exclusive to Lego, so is not limited at all.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
14 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

I think we shouldn't confuse interest in an item and qfll potential. Yes this set is highly anticipated in UK, however there will only be qfll potential if ALL shops sell out (SAH + supermarkets + independent B&M shops + TRU etc). People have already started to undercut each other on ebay and are selling for £59.99 + postage in uk. The real money was made by the people who managed to get this set from lego liverpool last week.

You can make money if bought from tesco 3 for 2, however the amount of money is not alot considering the set is only selling for £60 shipped, after p&p / fees etc you end up with not alot.

The only reason technic porsche did good was it was only available from lego stores in person, as all SAH orders were delayed for 1 month + no other store except lego sold it for first 1/2 months.

This set is NOT exclusive to Lego, so is not limited at all.

That's why I'm ordering just 1 set from LEGO Shop at Home tomorrow and then maybe order hundreds more closer to EOL when there's 3-for-2 offers or better. I think LEGO will make a vast amount of these and consensus nearer the EOL time will help me decide whether I buy more or not.

Yes, we're in an era where all sets are no longer "Exclusive" as they are mostly sold everywhere these days.

There's not enough money in the sub right now with competition and undercutting which is why I passed on placing an "above average" Tesco order.

based on previous experiences selling things to Beatles fan and being one myself, this set with a November 1 release seems like a sure thing for the holiday QFLL. that won't stop it from flopping BB8, snowglow elsa, cough.  it's release tomorrow will inspire a rare 5 hour road trip where I hope to hit 3 separate LEGO stores besides what I order online tonight.  hopefully crankypants memorymaster manager goes home after I sweep through his store in the morning and I can snag a couple more on the way back home.  I have a feeling this will be 1 or 2 per customer.  Hopefully TRU will put out a few too though I haven't really heard of any premature TRU sightings.

• Like 1

Its still way to early to tell, but the undercutters on ebay have already made this set a flop on ebay in UK.

RRP if £49.99, people are selling for £59.99 shipped now. 

Unless all of the undercutters sell out of their stock, and all shops in uk sell out, this is no longer a qf, a shame as this set had potential.

5 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

Its still way to early to tell, but the undercutters on ebay have already made..., this is no longer a qf, a shame as this set had potential.

Heading that way here in USA too. New seller on eBay now at $88 shipped. By my math $88 sell - $60 cost - $4 tax - $9 ebay fee - $3 Paypal fee - $8 shipping (est) = $4 profit (assuming shipping supplies are free).

Guest TabbyBoy

Guys... What's the rush? I remember when the Delorean was also QFLL'd for around £50 and is now worth well over double that. That's why I'm sitting on the side-lines, buying just 1 to build and then go all in if I feel mojo in this set further down the road.

17 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

Heading that way here in USA too. New seller on eBay now at $88 shipped. By my math $88 sell - $60 cost - $4 tax - $9 ebay fee - $3 Paypal fee - $8 shipping (est) = $4 profit (assuming shipping supplies are free).

It'll be break-even in the UK once you pay for bubble-wrap and a decent box. That's why I couldn't be bothered to QFLL any this week especially with the tax that you have to pay on any profit.

There was never going to be much of a QF opportunity on this set. Lego aren't idiots, they're not going to leave themselves short of stock and let the QF'ers make all the money. The fact that Tesco was happy to knock them out at a reduced price already should have been warning enough. These are going to be everywhere. Available at amazon uk already.

Edited by tractorboy

You guys talk about undercutters and quick-flippers like they are costing you money here, but if you want to play the QFLL game you're going to have to deal with it.  There are plenty of resellers who buy on credit and have to turn this stuff around before their credit card bills come due even if it means selling for chump change.  

I see the same complaints about new sets all the time, even in the Disney Castle thread.  You can't expect everyone to hold the line at the same price so that you can make a decent return.  Some of these quick flips work out and some don't, but don't blame other sellers who are trying to cash in just like you are.  

63868700.jpg

Edited by zskid00
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, zskid00 said:

You guys talk about undercutters and quick-flippers like they are costing you money here, but if you want to play the QFLL game you're going to have to deal with it.  There are plenty of resellers who buy on credit and have to turn this stuff around before their credit card bills come due even if it means selling for chump change.  

I see the same complaints about new sets all the time, even in the Disney Castle thread.  You can't expect everyone to hold the line at the same price so that you can make a decent return.  Some of these quick flips work out and some don't, but don't blame other sellers who are trying to cash in just like you are.  

Who are 'you guys'? I passed on it myself, as have others. The QFers who went in big on this early are only costing themselves money by tying up capital.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Val-E said:

OOS at Tesco but available to pre order at SAH europe limit 2. 2 x VIP plus calendar seems a reasonable deal - what to add worth 6 euros?

I'm going to order one at SAH UK anyway as I always add a new IDEAS set to my collection. Too early to go all in when Tesco restock. But, it's VERY tempting!

Edited by TabbyBoy

4 hours ago, Val-E said:

OOS at Tesco but available to pre order at SAH europe limit 2. 2 x VIP plus calendar seems a reasonable deal - what to add worth 6 euros?

Ordered one using double VIP plus calendar promo, adding something small to get the free shipping. Curious to see whether this will go OOS in the course of tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

Set has some front end qfll potential   based off what I can usually get and what I got on first shipment 

have you heard whether these will be available at TRU - I haven't heard/seen any photos or reported sightings of these at a TRU which sometimes will be the only place outside LEGO store and shop at home to get these IDEAS sets on release day.