Ideas #015: 21306 - Yellow Submarine

dcdfan

56 minutes ago, gregpj said:

The irony is that all the nerdy guys who are now in their 30-40-50s are a big part of the target audience of resellers. LEGO knows this too.... speed champions anyone?

Where there is adult trying to relive their childhood through Lego we will be there. Where there is some one who missed out on a set we will be there. Where somebody wants an exclusice set from an event we will be there. Where there is someone wanting a set on pre release we will be there.

The reseller mantra.

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

I've noticed the Yellow Submarine set has been on sale at shop at home for a little while now. Generally Lego marks stuff down before it retires, but the Yellow Submarine is available for backorder... the backorder makes me skeptical, but all other things seem to point to it retiring soon. I would like to buy a few, but was curious to see what everyone here would say about the sale and potential retirement? I couldn't find much on the web. No doubt it will do well after it does retire...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've noticed Lego now has the Yellow Submarine sets discounted and "out of stock" not backordered, or "temporarily out of stock". I've seen it out of on sale in a few places, I have two, I want to keep a few for later, I could get as many as I wanted for $52 CAD, or 42 USD, any comments?

Edited by Bluebird55

I think all of the Beatles fans that are going to get this have gotten it.  Any future Beatles fans that are AFOLs or future AFOLs that become Beatles or Ideas fans can get supplied by the horde.  See Doctor Who sales for performance predictors.  I think it was a turd, so I'm bearish on this set, but there are/were supporters of this set who should chime in on the bullish outlook.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

The next Barnes & Noble sale should provide a decent opportunity to grab some more of these. My two stores are heavily stocked, and nobody buys lego from there. I'm assuming others share the same experience? I think I've only got 4-5 of these. My goal is 12-20. 

giphy.gif

• Like 8

6 hours ago, hockeyweasel said:

I think all of the Beatles fans that are going to get this have gotten it.  Any future Beatles fans that are AFOLs or future AFOLs that become Beatles or Ideas fans can get supplied by the horde.  See Doctor Who sales for performance predictors.  I think it was a turd, so I'm bearish on this set, but there are/were supporters of this set who should chime in on the bullish outlook.

So you're saying that people will be buying it from resellers.

Edited by Lordoflego
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Furious_george said:

BIG difference between The Beatles and a TV show.

Yes, but there's also a HUGE difference between "everything the Beatles did other than The Yellow Submarine" and The Yellow Submarine.  I'll never own this clown set and I'm not alone among Beatles fans.

Guest TabbyBoy

You only have yourselves to blame when this superb sets reaches 3x RRP within nanoseconds of EOL. The Beatles fan base by far the biggest of any LEGO set to date. This set is gold... literally.

You only have yourselves to blame when this superb sets reaches 3x RRP within nanoseconds of EOL. The Beatles fan base by far the biggest of any LEGO set to date. This set is gold... literally.

I didn't know Taby could speak so positively about a set. I think there's a glitch in the Matrix.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Guest TabbyBoy
41 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

Tabby also loaded up on dr who.

I certainly did and glad I did, reaching RRP constantly ain't far off considering I paid £23 average for them ;-)

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

I read the post and thought "I hope Emazers is right", then I realised it was Tabby. Took me 20 minutes to pick myself back up off the floor. :hyper: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Emazers is making sure he has at least 20 Beatles Subs, This set to me will always be popular as the years go by. Even though Lego says Sold Out that does not mean they will never get anymore in, we have seen that plenty times before. I figure they will loose the License at the end of the year, but you never no.

• Like 4